Havoline ProDS Smart Change 5W-30 - Having trouble sourcing

We use Havoline ProDS full synthetic 5W-30 Smart Change boxes on our gas farm pickups. I'm having trouble sourcing them online, or at any of the Walmart stores in my area without going on a road trip.

I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything regards to these smart change boxes being discontinued, or if the out of stock is simply temporary due to the SN > SP switchover, or whatever.

Thank you.

Just keep checking every day or so, and it will be back in stock before you know it. Remember, it's a very popular weight and a very popular deal, so it is not surprising for it to be out of stock here and there.

It might also be due to the end of Walmart's fiscal year (Sept 30), so they might be wanting to keep inventory low on some items for tax purposes.

I was at Walmart today and they had some 5W-20 and 5W-30 it was freshly stocked. I don’t think anyone buys those boxes of oil they are too hard to pour in my opinion.

I was at Walmart today and they had some 5W-20 and 5W-30 it was freshly stocked. I don’t think anyone buys those boxes of oil they are too hard to pour in my opinion.

Plenty of us use them. No harder to pour than a 5qt jug of oil.

The 5W30 high milage blend is still available online. Still a good oil. Might get you through till the ProDS is back.

the 6qt smartchange box should be about as easy to use as a jug they have a level indicator for the last 2 qts in the box, those 12qt boxes though seem kinda unwieldy and annoying to use because you have to pour it into something else to be able to measure anything they're like a half size bay box that's more inconvenient to use.

the 6qt smartchange box should be about as easy to use as a jug they have a level indicator for the last 2 qts in the box, those 12qt boxes though seem kinda unwieldy and annoying to use because you have to pour it into something else to be able to measure anything they're like a half size bay box that's more inconvenient to use.

Yea, I thought a while ago that WM was closing those things out. My local store still has them at $30, decent deal but I'm sticking with the Havoline for now.

Yea, I thought a while ago that WM was closing those things out. My local store still has them at $30, decent deal but I'm sticking with the Havoline for now.

I've seen racks designed for the 3 gallon boxes for use with a pump. I think the boxes may be designed for low volume use in a commercial setting.

We use Havoline ProDS full synthetic 5W-30 Smart Change boxes on our gas farm pickups. I'm having trouble sourcing them online, or at any of the Walmart stores in my area without going on a road trip.

I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything regards to these smart change boxes being discontinued, or if the out of stock is simply temporary due to the SN > SP switchover, or whatever.

Thank you.

It's available on line:

Plenty of us use them. No harder to pour than a 5qt jug of oil.

The 5W30 high milage blend is still available online. Still a good oil. Might get you through till the ProDS is back.
Last time I tried to pour it I spilt a lot of it lol the box was too bulky and with that extra quart of oil you really have to pay attention even with the handle to me it was still hard to pour.

The Havoline box is not bulky. It is the size of a large cereal box from back in the day. Chevron spent a lot of time and thought on the design. They have videos available that show how to use it properly.

The only downside of a box is if you store it where it will get damp. That could obviously cause some problems. That would have to be a long term storage for that to happen.

Shows out of stock for me...

1600875561198.png

Back