Havoline ProDS 5W-30 Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of discussion on it here over the last year or more.

It's excellent quality oil,

and at $20 for 6 quarts it's a pretty decent deal (without the rebate hassle)

I bought 3 boxes of 0w20 at $18.99 each. I'm going to run the next OCI in my Jeep 3.6 and my daughter's Jeep Renegade 2.4. I'm looking forward to seeing some UOAs on Bitog. I just put M1 AP in the Wrangler, so it will probably be more than a year before I do a UOA for the Havoline.

Last edited:
I am running the 5w20 version in my Grand Caravan which I don't notice anything abnormal except for fuel mileage. Engine sounds the same as when I ran Napa Synthetic Blend. The fuel mileage took a dump recently but I still have 2500 miles to go then back to Napa Performance which is a Synthetic Blend or Valvoline conventional which is a Synthetic Blend then see where fuel mileage is. I was at 22 mpg average and now am at 18 with a low of 13.

Originally Posted by tiger862
I am running the 5w20 version in my Grand Caravan which I don't notice anything abnormal except for fuel mileage. Engine sounds the same as when I ran Napa Synthetic Blend. The fuel mileage took a dump recently but I still have 2500 miles to go then back to Napa Performance which is a Synthetic Blend or Valvoline conventional which is a Synthetic Blend then see where fuel mileage is. I was at 22 mpg average and now am at 18 with a low of 13.

Setting aside the numbers (that's an entirely different discussion), I GUARANTEE you it's not due to the oil. You'd have to be running full sludge I the crankcase for it to be the lube.

@OP..the price per qt of that full syn is hard to beat without doing rebates. Too bad you weren't interested in it a week or two ago when it was on Rollback. Chevron just makes good lubes, buy it and don't lose any sleep over it. (the 6qt box is perfect for my sump size also, i dump the leftover half qt into an empty MMO bottle I have)

Last edited:
Where did I say it was oil. I stated notice nothing different than previous oil change. Fuel mileage took a dump lately did not say oil was the problem as not the time to change but will go back to conventional. If and only if mileage improved will I then blame oil. Vehicle only has 11k so I no there is no sludge. Now I have seen certain oils do better or worse fuel mileage over the last 40 years.

Originally Posted by tiger862
Where did I say it was oil. I stated notice nothing different than previous oil change. Fuel mileage took a dump lately did not say oil was the problem as not the time to change but will go back to conventional. If and only if mileage improved will I then blame oil. Vehicle only has 11k so I no there is no sludge. Now I have seen certain oils do better or worse fuel mileage over the last 40 years.

Chill...we were discussing the efficacy of ProDS and you spontaneously inserted mpg's into the discussion without any addtl context, so I naturally figured you were implying the lube had in some way impacted that, given the way you wrote it.

Not an entirely out of bounds assumption on my part given the lack of context in your first post.

Last edited:
Went from using Maxlife to the Pro-DS in my 'fleet', will probably go with the High Mileage version next just because.

I bough a bunch of the SN version from AAP clearance a couple years ago and the only knock could be it's slightly high NOACK of 12.3%.

Looks like the current SN+ hasn't changed...too bad.

Clicky

If i used this oil i would have 1.5 quarts left over per oil change. Every third oil change would equal 1 oil change from the left over quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back