Havoline ProDS API SP

Has anyone received the SP version of Havoline ProDS when ordering 6-qt boxes from Walmart?
When I ordered some 5w-20 about two or three weeks ago, I received SN+ despite the images showing the SP version. Not sure what they have in store, this was an online order shipped to me.

Walmarts in KS don't seem to be stocking ProDS anymore for some reason. We had it for a little while. Now we can only get through WM through online ordering.

Hope it doesn't go away. I was planning on using it in my Ranger. The thing holds almost 6 quarts, so the boxes are perfect. It does spec SN+ at a minimum though, I was kind of surprised at that. Thought for sure it would just be SN at best. That and the WSS-M2C946-B1 spec. Guess it makes sense. I'm playing in the LSPI game now with turbocharged direct injection.

Last edited:
Hope it doesn't go away. I was planning on using it in my Ranger. The thing holds almost 6 quarts, so the boxes are perfect. It does spec SN+ at a minimum though, I was kind of surprised at that. Thought for sure it would just be SN at best. That and the WSS-M2C946-B1 spec. Guess it makes sense. I'm playing in the LSPI game now with turbocharged direct injection.
Not really, the engine in your truck isn't considered small displacement.

It happened in the 2.3 that the Focus uses, wouldn't be much of a stretch to happen in the Ranger motor. Especially as quickly as the 10R80 is programmed to head to the top gears.

2.3L TGDI putting out the power numbers that it does, it surely fits the description for a downsized TGDI.

A SN Plus oil is the minimum spec I would use in one.

Ordered on Monday. The two boxes received were API SP. The 10W-30 blend is SN Plus.

Attachments

• 4433FD8F-1E8A-4F9C-A856-998A20247AD3.jpeg
    4433FD8F-1E8A-4F9C-A856-998A20247AD3.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 52
I bought one 2 weeks ago 5w 30 .....because of price and may try it next oil change in March in my 07 Mustang....its SN plus

Back