Havoline Pro-RS Hits the Shelves (Walmart)

So, last year bulk synthetic ExxonMobil TGMO was $2.48 per quart or $12.40 per five quarters. This is less than half of what Walmart charges for ExxonMobil synthetics, which is incredibly cheap. TGMO used to use POE—I don't know if that's still the case—therefore, it is somewhat more expensive to make than the ILSAC Mobil 1 grades, which use AN instead.
Is that a wholesale price, or priced out on a service invoice as installed during service?

Wholesale price to the dealers.
$10 per gallon for an OEM oil to a dealer is (was) right in line on price. Many OEMs make it practically impossible for dealers to use any other quality oils other than their own. Good pricing is one of the ways they do that.

Now that the $17 Havoline boxes are gone the new champ for quality/price is likely Mobil Super from Rural King @ $15/5qt. Other than catching a sale, of course, or running diesel oil.

C9003E85-C11E-4A5A-BB3C-8D66DC1FA91F.jpg

0w-16 and 0w-20 grades are now available.

Because the other Smart chnge boxes are still under $20. They must think this is Boutique oil!
Well, it is. It can only be had at one retailer and looking at the PDF data, it has some similar characteristics as some oils with PAO in the base.

I'm very curious about it and may give it a run at some point. My stash is pretty full right now, though, and my wife might come after me if I buy more oil.

I could care less about the plant-based aspect. But I like what I've read about it so far. And Chevron is one of the very best of the oil companies, if not the best. According to a family member in the capital investment side of the oil industry, they are the most effectively managed of the big ones. So I'm very interested in seeing how this oil performs. I don't think $33 for 6 quarts is out of whack looking at others like Royal Purple, M1 EP, Amsoil Signature, Red Line, or others.

Now that the $17 Havoline boxes are gone the new champ for quality/price is likely Mobil Super from Rural King @ $15/5qt. Other than catching a sale, of course, or running diesel oil.
The $17 boxes of Pro-DS are gone, but they only went up to $20 and you can still get the HM SemiSyn for around $17.

Stock is the big issue now. 5W30's in the boxes is few and far between, although you can order their 'Case'(2 Boxes) of 5W30 HM for a few cents less than buying them separately. I went ahead and picked one of those up the other day.

Last edited:
I was at Walmart a little while ago they wanted just under $27 for Supertech 20k same price as Castrol Edge
Use the Walmart app, scan the item, and if it says"sold and shipped by Walmart.com" you can price match the online price. Right now it's showing for that oil $19.98.
In the store it's showing the same as you said like $27.

Attachments

• EABFC0D6-6B71-46BD-A281-52D33685312B.jpg
    EABFC0D6-6B71-46BD-A281-52D33685312B.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 11
I like using cutting edge stuff so I'm going to put this in the 2021 CX-5 NA we have here at the house right before a road trip from NY to FL. Barring any issues over the course of it's OCI, (7500mile max), I'll put it in my Type-R when that's due for a change mid summer. It's basically the same price for 6qts as what I'm currently using.

Back