Havoline Pro-RS Hits the Shelves (Walmart)

Valvoline EP is $25.97 at Wally’s which is a couple of bucks more than their Advanced Synthetic. At $33.xx, the Havoline Pro RS is well beyond that price difference.

I believe consumers will pay a few dollars more for a premium product but this is beyond that and it’s disappointing. The Havoline Pro DS is $19.xx and now on rollback at $17.xx. Almost half the price of the RS.
$22.47 for 5W-30

I read the article from Novvi. They do refer to their base oil as Group III+ even though that designation is not official.

They also say it has no esters so there goes the idea that it is a Group V base as well.
Yeah a lot of blenders and manufacturers do that including ExxonMobil.

Eliminate waste? Walmart should start selling bulk oil. People can bring their own jugs or buy reusable jugs and have the oil pumped into them from 55-gallon drums in the service center. They can then really reduce the prices.
I have thought about this for years and it's really baffling to me why this isn't a thing. Tons of saved plastic even assuming a person recycles.

WIN-WIN-WIN. The business-Customer-Planet

Isn't there a place to buy oil, in bulk cases on the retail market? Besides Amazon, Warehouse clubs and Walmart Walmart. I know in Philly there is PES, but they only carry Kendall. Then there's Putnam in North Carolina, they carry several brands. But that's going to be crazy shipping.. depending on where you are located..

Isn't there a place to buy oil, in bulk cases on the retail market? Besides Amazon, Warehouse clubs and Walmart Walmart. I know in Philly there is PES, but they only carry Kendall. Then there's Putnam in North Carolina, they carry several brands. But that's going to be crazy shipping.. depending on where you are located..
Befriend a moderate sized garage and ask them to sell it to you out of their tank/drum?

There are several bulk distributors here in the Milwaukee metropolitan area, I know for sue at least one of them will sell to an individual as I called them a while back about Mobil 1 ATF. The price for the ATF was cheaper than Autozone but for "regular" engine oils it was higher than Walmart.

I've been using, Kirkland synthetic, but I'm going to switch to Castrol Edge I don't do many miles, so I'm going to put that in with a Purolator boss oil filter whenever they come back in stock or a Wix filter and just keep it in for a year..

@bdcardinal can confirm this - bulk oil is not always cheaper than WM's prices for bottled oil.
Obviously if Walmart got both 55-gallon drums and 5-quart bottles, 55-gallon drums would cost them far less per quart.

I know bulk TGMO is far cheaper than bottled TGMO. I had a brochure of the ExxonMobil TGMO quotes for Toyota dealers at one point.

Obviously if Walmart got both 55-gallon drums and 5-quart bottles, 55-gallon drums would cost them far less per quart.

I know bulk TGMO is far cheaper than bottled TGMO. I had a brochure of the ExxonMobil TGMO quotes for Toyota dealers at one point.
Don’t forget the fixed costs for owning a bulk setup.

After the current price increases, they are probably in the $11/gal range?

Back