Havoline 6qt box

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OCI is usually 5000 miles or 6 month . I have a truck take exactly 6qt . I don't have to buy extra qt every time .

How much different in syn blend or regular Dino havoline for just $1 more .

Havoline is good oil ?

I always use PYB . I want try this halvoline because it's 6qt. Perfect for my oil change.

Last edited:
Well the synthetic blend high mileage is around 45 percent synthetic... The Havoline high mileage runs very good in my car. Havoline high mileage has a HTHS of 3.3-3.4... so it is a bit thicker at operating temp. I had started a thread about joining the Havoline box club... Also this oil has 150 ppm of molybdenum and 100 plus ppm of boron. It does pour out perfectly from the box.

Does your Nissan owners manual specify synthetic blend or full synthetic? If not, then you can use the conventional oil.

Synthetic oil goes through an additional refining process. Synthetic blend is a combination of conventional oil and synthetic oil. Nobody has ever really stated what the percentages are for their formulation - and it's not regulated by any law. In theory, a few ounces of synthetic oil, added to conventional oil, and the bottler can label it as "synthetic blend". Nobody except for Chevron can truthfully tell you what the difference is between their conventional and synthetic blend. I don't work there as a chemist. Any opinion would be a guess at best.

As most people will tell you: save $1, Havoline oil will be fine for your daily driving application. You do not have a performance engine. You are not racing. You are not towing heavy loads up steep grades, all day, every day. Your engine is not idling all day, every day, in the desert of Las Vegas or Dubai.

According to Chevron:

Havoline® Motor Oils meet:
• API Service Categories
— SN PLUS
— SM, SL, SJ and all previous API "S" categories
— Resource Conserving for API SN PLUS
(SAE 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30)
— ILSAC GF-5 (SAE 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30)
• manufacturers' performance requirements
— FCA US LLC (formerly known as Chrysler Group
LLC)
MS-6395 (SAE 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30)
— FIAT
9.55535-CR-1 (SAE 5W-30)
— Ford
WSS-M2C945-A (SAE 5W-20)
WSS-M2C946-A (SAE 5W-30)
— General Motors
GM 6094M (SAE 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30)

For 5k just run the High Mileage semi-syn. Either 10w30 or 5w30 should be fine.

Thank you . I think 6 qt box is really great idea chevron came up. Perfect for those 5.5qt or 6qt engine oil capacity . Other should follow

"As most people will tell you: save $1, Havoline oil will be fine for your daily driving application. You do not have a performance engine. You are not racing. You are not towing heavy loads up steep grades, all day, every day. Your engine is not idling all day, every day, in the desert of Las Vegas or Dubai. "

Chevron did a taxi test over two years in Las Vegas with the Havoline. I believe it was 150k miles. Afterwards they tore down the engines.

So it will hold up even in those hot areas.

I use it in my Fusion, the pro ds 5w30, seems to be more quite than motorcraft, RK synthetic and mobil 1. Its less expensive and I like the bag in a box idea.

The full-synthetic Havoline passes dexos1 Gen2, which means its tested for less piston deposits. I'd pay a tiny bit extra to know it leaves pistons less-black! Oxidizes less too. Full syn is best any day of the week......

Havoline, from Chevron, with their Oronite additives, all have a great reputation for quality. No problems I've ever heard of.

The 2016 Titan manual on page 10-2 recommends 0w-20, with 5w-30 conventional being a suitable alternative. The manual says on page 10-8 that the oil just needs to have an API starburst; no fancy 20 character garbally goop oil specification.

I would just buy a box of standard conventional 5w-30 considering a 5,000 mi interval as recommended (Page 9-8), but it's your money.

Last edited:
most of my ford mustang i own take 6 quart. 4.6L , I might try the full synthetic for my 03 cobra. since it also take 6 quart.

The Pro DS is $19.97 for the six qt box at Wally's. That is a excellent deal. You cannot go wrong with that.

years ago Fleet Farm's house brand Resolute use to come in 6 quart jugs. I never bought any/use it because that was before I was driving etc.

A guy I used to work with bought it not because it was cheaper etc but the convenience of the 6 quarts for his jeep as it took 6 quarts.

for whatever reason they went away from the 6 quart jug and back to individual quarts and 5 quart jugs

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
My OCI is usually 5000 miles or 6 month . I have a truck take exactly 6qt . I don't have to buy extra qt every time .

How much different in syn blend or regular Dino havoline for just $1 more .

Havoline is good oil ?

I always use PYB . I want try this halvoline because it's 6qt. Perfect for my oil change.

Chevron makes it. Enough said!
thumbsup2.gif

"One Box, One OCI!"

Originally Posted by PimTac
The Pro DS is $19.97 for the six qt box at Wally's. That is a excellent deal. You cannot go wrong with that.
With full-synthetic that cheap, I'm not sure why anybody buys GroupII swill.
....and the best part is, it's Glug-Free. Hate glugs, absolutely can't stand them.....
[Linked Image]

^^^^^

True indeed. Quite a deal.

I'm running this in 2018 Grand Caravan. Not many miles so I can't say much about longevity. Engine is quite and smooth same as other oil.

One of our members called Chevron.... And was told it was 45 percent. And the HTHS was also given to another member via a conversation with a person from Chevron. In addition to this... The people these members spoke to we're not hoopty Doo regular office staff...

Chevron did a taxi test over two years in Las Vegas with the Havoline. I believe it was 150k miles. Afterwards they tore down the engines.

So it will hold up even in those hot areas.

You have a link to that article? I'd love to read it.

I wanted to try the 5w40 pro euro , not one place in the United States has it other than Napa in 1 qt bottle for crazy price . It's been out for quite some time obviously it's probably never going to be available .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back