Has anyone used BG44k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys/gals.
I am trying to get my 3.8 camaro to run stronger(even tho it already runs great) and hopefully improve gas mileage by a mile.

On onther forum they recommended seafoam highly and they also mentioned BG44k.

I have heard stories, where after using some of these solvents yout cat fails in the near future. Does anyone know about this? I don't want to be a guinne pig and run into a issure in the near future.

Has anyone had any expereence with any of these products and how long has it been since you performed it. Did it make any difference?

AM I better off leaving it be and put the extra $15 and go buy 7 gallons of gas.

Well it looks like everyone is a fan of auto Rx to clean the engine. Would this help with gas mileage? My goal is make the engine more eficent without harming something else. Any products that are proven winners?

On another note,
My girlfriends 97 saturn burns oil. It used to burn 400miles/quart but now it is only burning 1500miles/quart. The oil is still black when ever it is checked. Would using auto Rx be beneficial in that case? Or let it be and keep changing the oil every 3,000 miles?

My guess would be that small doses will not hurt CAT. I have used Techron for years and have had great success with it. I just started using Autorx and also have been very pleased with it. This site took my review of it down for some reason but if you feel motivated check Autorx forum, my user name is Shelby over there too.

As for the Saturn I would run a cleaning phase with dino oil and ARX and then a rinsing phase with straight dino oil, then switch to a good synthetic. I use Mobil one and the oil stays very clear for a long long time. I had an old truck that the oil would get pretty dark after 3k miles, but when I switched to mobil one it still looked new after 5k after the change.

I don't believe these things will help milage much, but if there is an issue like the injectors dripping gas instead of spraying it like a clean was is supposed to, then maybe these products will help you achieve the milage your supposed to be getting.

BG Products is one of the better so called Snake Oil companies. BG44K is also one of the better injector cleaners. I don't believe, however, that it is any better than the better of the over the counter products. BG44K often sells for a premium, mostly due to it's distribution channel.

Personally, I like Techron, RedLine SI-1, and Berrymans.

what would you run at this time? I know not all at the same time. But what would you do on you car that has 84,000 miles.

one full cycle of auto-rx
fuel injection cleaner
seafoam
any other options?

Could any of these things have any harmful sideffects?
I do not see why you need to replace the feul filter have you add feul injection cleaner.

You can buy 4 bottles of Techron for what one can of BG 44k runs. I have use it and it works very well. But bang for the buck go with the Techron. I would run one bottle per tank of gas for two tanks of gas. Then change out the oil and do an Auto-Rx cleaning cycle. With the Techron fuel system cleaner you don't need the Seafoam.

I'd run the Techron twice the next two tanks, and at the same time run your techron. During the rinse phase you still are cleaning and you will be long done with your techron cleaning by then.

I'd recommend a FI cleaner every 3 months. Thats 4 bottles of whatever product you want to use each year. Regane, Techron, Redline, Amsoil, B12, Seafoam, BG44k, VentilSauber, Marvel, Lucas, CRC.... are for you to try.

My only problem with BG44k is the cost. IMO, it is an excellent product.

If you rotate among the above list(add some others to the list), you'll only fall into the expense of BG44k ever 3rd or 4th year.

Any stories or rumours you hear are just that. Most people look for a 'blame' to every failure they have. Don't believe those stories.

Quote:

I'd run the Techron twice the next two tanks, and at the same time run your techron. During the rinse phase you still are cleaning and you will be long done with your techron cleaning by then.

did you mean to say auto-rx instead of techron?

If you need any help, part numbers, or are curious about any aspect of the camaro let me know - I can probably help you. www.1lev6.com - Ive been in the v6 Fbody scene since 2000 and know most links, people, and where to get stuff
smile.gif

BG44k is strong, works well, but is a little overpriced. I personally think the cheaper B-12 chemtool is just as strong a cleaner. I would run one tank of chemtool, one tank of Techron, and clean the intake with throttle body cleaner with it running and idled up by you or a helper so it doesn't stall.

Quote:

BG Products is one of the better so called Snake Oil companies. BG44K is also one of the better injector cleaners. I don't believe, however, that it is any better than the better of the over the counter products. BG44K often sells for a premium, mostly due to it's distribution channel.

Personally, I like Techron, RedLine SI-1, and Berrymans.

Redline, Techron, Valvoline Synpower, Gumout Regane are all good for the money. BG 44K is also good but the prices are crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back