Has anyone found grease with better specs than this?

I found a local Canadian supplier for this Klondike brand, calcium sulphonate nano grease. I was very impressed when comparing the specs to all the others so I ordered 40 tubes for my farm equipment and trucks. Has anyone come across more impressive specs than these? Thanks

Attachments

• 8C5680FD-C42B-480F-A191-76843D55DCBC.jpeg
    8C5680FD-C42B-480F-A191-76843D55DCBC.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 235
That’s what I noticed. Typical calcium sulphonate specs but excellent bearing/load numbers. Don’t think that I’ve ever seen better.

Does Klondike make their own products? Looks like a Battenfeld spec'd Calcium Sulfonate. The Calcite does wonders with the Weld test, the rest of the spec's can be equaled or bettered by a lot of other products. Only downside to Calcium Sulphonate greases are cost and raw material availability.

I found a local Canadian supplier for this Klondike brand, calcium sulphonate nano grease. I was very impressed when comparing the specs to all the others so I ordered 40 tubes for my farm equipment and trucks. Has anyone come across more impressive specs than these? Thanks
How's it working for you?

Northern Metallic is one of the Klondike distributors in BC.
The pulp mills use calcium sulfonate greases in wet areas.
Their go to grease is Petro-Can OG-2.
Your Klondike example is like their HD OG-2 with a thick base oil.
For wheel bearings make sure the product meets GC-LB.

Does Klondike make their own products? Looks like a Battenfeld spec'd Calcium Sulfonate. The Calcite does wonders with the Weld test, the rest of the spec's can be equaled or bettered by a lot of other products. Only downside to Calcium Sulphonate greases are cost and raw material availability.
Klondike is a discount brand in my opinion. I might use their engine oil if it was free to keep the dust down on the driveway.

Calcite is multi-functional in a CaS grease. It is the thickener and provides anti-wear and EP capabilities. In the manufacturing process amorphous calcium carbonate is converted to calcite and thickening occurs. As an EP additive in a #2 grade grease it will yield a 500 kgf weld point, 620 kgf at a stretch. The Klondike grease is boosted to 800 kgf with a small amount of tungsten disulfide and possibly something else that is nonhazardous and not listed on the SDS.

Back