has ammo and firearms go up after the CT incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is sold out here in CT, I have never seen anything like it.

Hopefully my usually gun store will pull threw for me and get me a Stag AR. I have given them quite a bit a business over the past 5 years so I hope that is rewarded over someone who they have never seen before.

I think CT is screwed.

A local gun store had Glock 19 magazines for sale, and he was asking $75.00 each. Yes, prices are going up since the shooting.

If it was "tacticool" it was gone well before Christmas around here.

.223 ammunition is unobtainium. Common caliber handgun ammunition also had a big run on it.

High capacity magazines for anything is unobtainium.

AK's and AR's are unobtainium even after being marked up substantially, ( unless $1400 + was the going rate for an off brand AR - AR's never interested me much so I'm really not familiar with their pricing ). I wouldn't pay that for one - I'd spend another couple of hundred bucks and get a SOCOM and be done with it.

Even the cheapo Mosin Nagants (sp?) were almost gone.

I got my wife a Mini 14 Ranch Rifle for Christmas and paid the normal price for it, and it came with a 20 round mag to my surprise. So there was still some sanity left in the market.

Components seem to be available and at the same price as usual. Rolling your own doesn't make sense for .223 or for 9mm; but for most others it's a good way to ensure a steady supply of what you want to shoot.

Originally Posted By: 2cool
Components seem to be available and at the same price as usual. Rolling your own doesn't make sense for .223 or for 9mm; but for most others it's a good way to ensure a steady supply of what you want to shoot.

I don't get why reloading for 223 or 9mm doesn't make sense. My 9MM cost me $4.50 / 50 that's half of what you find in stores. For my 223 I load it for $7 / 50. That's with Hornady bullets. Even steel case for 223 is gong for $6-7 / 20.

Last week I witnessed people dropping twice the cash over normal price to prepay for an AR that "would be built" when the parts got in. What was in stock had stickers designating them "sample" ARs that weren't for sale. Crazy.

Pretty soon they will try to put a limit on magazine capacity like they already have done in the past. And they might try to ban AR-15s and other so-called 'assault rifles.' If some people in Washington D. C. could get their way any law abiding citizen in this country would not be able to buy or own a gun. Only the military and criminals would have guns. But there would still be armed security for the social elite and their children.

I can remember a few years back when I could not find any target ammunition at any price anywhere. The ammunition will probably again become hard to find and expensive.

We will again probably have something like a ten round magazine capacity limit for semi-autos. A person might as well buy a revolver.

When they come for the hunting rifles and the hunting shotguns we will know that things are really bad.

But don't worry-the criminals will still have guns.

I procrastinate and it bites me in the butt...........again.

PSA had bare lowers for ~$70 a few months ago. I thought about picking up 3, but got busy and put it off. Now you can't even find them.

Plenty ammo, plenty hicaps, but sure wanted the option to build some more rifles. As far as reloading, only thing I am short of is small rifle primers.

I find that hard to believe I feel just those 30 round magazines and the 100 round drums to be outlawed. Remember $$$is involves and that will make the difference what happens even now IMHO!Only criminals and military would be ok but when mutations get their hand on guns we have what seems to be a common occurance these days. How about that Webster story?????
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Pretty soon they will try to put a limit on magazine capacity like they already have done in the past. And they might try to ban AR-15s and other so-called 'assault rifles.' If some people in Washington D. C. could get their way any law abiding citizen in this country would not be able to buy or own a gun. Only the military and criminals would have guns. But there would still be armed security for the social elite and their children.

I can remember a few years back when I could not find any target ammunition at any price anywhere. The ammunition will probably again become hard to find and expensive.

We will again probably have something like a ten round magazine capacity limit for semi-autos. A person might as well buy a revolver.

When they come for the hunting rifles and the hunting shotguns we will know that things are really bad.

But don't worry-the criminals will still have guns.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Only criminals and military would be ok but when mutations get their hand on guns we have what seems to be a common occurance these days.

Let me get this straight ... you're saying it's OK for criminals to have guns?
crazy.gif

Many of these "mutations", in fact the overwhelming majority....ARE criminals or would not be able to get guns legally if we were properly enforcing the existing laws.

Gun control?

Banning 120+ guns from legal possession by citizens?

Limiting law abiding citizens as to the amount of ammunition?

All - Just because it makes so much sense to punish the innocent when a crime is committed.

No it would not be ok, but crimnals are always going to have guns but giving a mutation a chance to use what is available today gun wise you have mass killings ex. Aurora, Newtown and the next shooting whenever it is going to happen.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Only criminals and military would be ok but when mutations get their hand on guns we have what seems to be a common occurance these days.

Let me get this straight ... you're saying it's OK for criminals to have guns?
crazy.gif

That fact was not true re. Newtown, Aurora, or for that matter Columbine . Mutations look like those recent shootings. Easy to spot. IMHO we just have to adjust things a bit re. what is happening. Like a clutch years ago had to be adjusted every so often.
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Many of these "mutations", in fact the overwhelming majority....ARE criminals or would not be able to get guns legally if we were properly enforcing the existing laws.

That fact was not true re. Newtown, Aurora, or for that matter Columbine . Mutations look like those recent shootings. Easy to spot. IMHO we just have to adjust things a bit re. what is happening. Like a clutch years ago had to be adjusted every so often.

It was true at Newtown....he was in illegal possession of handguns(under 21) and stole the guns from his mother (illegal). He was also denied a rifle when he tried to get one from a licensed dealer. The shooting in New York was by a convicted murderer who had received his guns through an illegal straw purchaser. The shooters at columbine were underage to possess those weapons as well. 99.9 % of gun owners are good, law abiding, and sane people.

And thinking you can put the genie back in the bottle is illogical. These guns have been available to the public since the 1960's(AR15) and high capacity handguns for 80 years or more. Over 300k AR15's were sold legally last year in America alone. To think that you will put the millions sold in the past 20 years out of circulation is crazy. They will be out there and they will be on the black market.

.... or would not be able to get guns legally if we were properly enforcing the existing laws.

Speaking of enforcing existing laws, I wonder when they will arrest that self righteous blowhard that had the banned magazine on Meet the Press?

It was true at Newtown....he was in illegal possession of handguns(under 21) and stole the guns from his mother (illegal). He was also denied a rifle when he tried to get one from a licensed dealer. The shooting in New York was by a convicted murderer who had received his guns through an illegal straw purchaser. The shooters at columbine were underage to possess those weapons as well. 99.9 % of gun owners are good, law abiding, and sane people.

And thinking you can put the genie back in the bottle is illogical. These guns have been available to the public since the 1960's(AR15) and high capacity handguns for 80 years or more. Over 300k AR15's were sold legally last year in America alone. To think that you will put the millions sold in the past 20 years out of circulation is crazy. They will be out there and they will be on the black market.

Perhaps we can give the moonbats enough rope, when the duck hunter discovers some beauty from the left coast wants his duck gun, the tide will turn. I'd like to see a certain Senator from California turn in her Air Marshal pistol permit first.

Originally Posted By: Win
.... or would not be able to get guns legally if we were properly enforcing the existing laws.

Speaking of enforcing existing laws, I wonder when they will arrest that self righteous blowhard that had the banned magazine on Meet the Press?

Little Davie Gregory... whose kids are in the same armed guard protected PRIVATE school as OTHER notables and beautiful people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back