HARLEY DAVIDSON ENGINE OIL QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TucsonDon
I honestly, sincerely, and totally do not understand all the passion -- pro and con -- over Harley Davidson. But whatever.

The simple truth is ... the Honda flat-six is the engine for all purposes. C'mon ... it's self-evident. It's at least three times better than a two-cylinder H-D engine.
wink.gif

Y'all just have to lighten up on the intensity. It's just a bike ... it's just a brand. There's more important things to argue/discuss ... like ... like ...

Oil!

I've got Rotella 15W-40 Triple Protection back in my Goldwing. It was 110 out today and I went for a ride. Shifting was fine; indicated engine temperature was fine; acceleration was fine; startup was fine ... I'm telling ya, that oil is simply wonderful.

Sunruh ... if you're reading this ... I'm sorry to report I'm pulling back my financial resources from the high-priced motorcycle oil sector. It's Rotella for me from here on out.

11.gif

Dude, stumbled on a link to a Shell Rotella forum - I see that you post there.......

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Dude, stumbled on a link to a Shell Rotella forum - I see that you post there...

Yep, the same. Guilty as charged.

I'm just trying to lighten the mood of this particular thread. A 12-page thread on H-D oil is ... well, hard to believe. Most of this is rather heated exchanges unrelated to oil.

Here's a question for you ... do you think I view Rotella as the only oil that works? No. Do I think Honda, or a Goldwing, is the only bike worthy of merit? No.

It's just a bike ... it's just oil.

Good bike, good oil.

Nothing more.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Yep, matches yer posts over there.
cheers3.gif

Do I get points for consistency?
banana2.gif

I am actually pretty sold on Rotella, but I could easily have latched onto Delvac or Delo for that matter. I've used Amsoil before and liked it very much ... I just wish I could buy it retail. My local Honda dealer used to put Bel-Ray 20W-50 in *everything*, but now they use Honda GN-4. Watching all that told me there's nothing magical about *which* oil -- just decent oil changed reasonably.

I honestly, sincerely, and totally do not understand all the passion -- pro and con -- over Harley Davidson.

If I have to explain it....you wouldn't understand...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1
I honestly, sincerely, and totally do not understand all the passion -- pro and con -- over Harley Davidson.

If I have to explain it....you wouldn't understand...
grin2.gif

You got it.
thumbsup2.gif

I just got riding 6 1/2 hours today, can't wait to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back