Hard drive oil filters by peak

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a bunch of filters from rock auto and got these under a ultra power wix number. I will post pics later. They say they are 100% synthetic media. Looks kinda Chinese ish but box says printed and made in the USA. The gasket is more oringish rather than the standard square. Adbv looks as though it might be synthetic. The shape of the can is unlike any I have ever seen. They are fully shrink wrapped not just on the base plate.

Anyone ever heard of these?

Found info in the minimopar thing. He claims they are made by Donaldson and were long discontinued when that thing was done.

cut one open for us
smile.gif

Let me look at the other 2 and if they are dented I might. I need to change the oil in my Suburban tomorrow so I might use one.

I'd think somewhere on that filter there may be a manufacture date code, if found and posted might be able to decode. Afaik, Peak/Old World been out of the filter selling biz for quite awhile. Seems I remember some jobber tier from Old World posted here being closed out a Lowes some time back.

Another RA 'Gump' closeout filter. Never know what you're going to get.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Another RA 'Gump' closeout filter. Never know what you're going to get.

This is a good one. I like it.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Looks like the gasket is even turning grey.
crackmeup2.gif

I wouldnt use them, but hey..

Now I have to run one out of spite. I was going to use a pure one pre louvers but these might be less of a risk.

I just ran a 15 year old ac delco the time before last so I ain't scared.

One of them wasn't shrink wrapped. DC6347 09:07 is the date code. The code is on the dome of the can in black ink.

Last edited:
I put one of those on a Pontiac V-8 in the mid-to-late nineties. I think it was from Summit Racing. The gasket is an O-ring instead of the normal flat-faced gasket, right?

The selling point for me back then was wire-backed media to go with a high-pressure oil pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back