Hard Boiled Egg Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This popped up in my newsfeed this afternoon. Haven't tried it but I thought I would share in case you want to try it.

946250_537338116333770_1504801149_n.jpg

I pressure cook mine for 4 minutes, let sit for 4 minutes, then into cold water.

PERFECT every single time. Shells peel/fall off in huge chunks. Yoke isn't dry, crumbly, or discolored. In fact, it's very moist and dense.

Closer to medium boiled rather than hard boiled, but that's the way I like them.

Ed
Was just going to post that

Picked on up at the dollar store months ago being sceptical...thebkuds discovered it in the drawer and have been boiling eggs every day for the school holidays. It is simple and they are getting perfect results.. thus why they are using it over dads "SCIENCE"

20190425_101414.jpg

Originally Posted by StevieC
This is how I do it when using the stove but I eat them so frequently I bought an egg steamer from Amazon. Perfect every time and it shuts off automatically.

That one is pretty tempting, especially at that price, as is what Ed and Shannow posted. For me, though, I'm not terribly picky about how hard or soft the eggs are. As long as there someone between soft boiled and not spending half an hour in the boiling water, I'll eat them.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Garak
Originally Posted by StevieC
This is how I do it when using the stove but I eat them so frequently I bought an egg steamer from Amazon. Perfect every time and it shuts off automatically.

That one is pretty tempting, especially at that price, as is what Ed and Shannow posted. For me, though, I'm not terribly picky about how hard or soft the eggs are. As long as there someone between soft boiled and not spending half an hour in the boiling water, I'll eat them.
wink.gif

They tell you how much water to add for soft, medium and hard eggs and how many eggs you are cooking. Works perfectly everytime with large eggs.

Amazon.ca carries it as well. I think it's $30 CDN for us.

Last edited:
eggs a very tasty + nutrient dense food, eat more good fats + loose lbs + live longer! cut the life shortening disease causing carbs!!

Originally Posted by Shannow
Oh....I was going to mention this too....

Oh yes, I remember that.

StevieC: That is a very tempting price! For me, I'm not terribly picky about boiled eggs. As long as their neither raw nor rubber, I'm happy. Now, if they're poached or fried, they have to be just so, or I get terribly upset with myself.
wink.gif

I have one of those timers like Shannow...I don't need to do a dozen at a time. It seems to have disappeared, one of the kids I think. Anyway, I don't like hard boiled eggs, I poach them in one of those silicon cups. But I'm thinking, when I'm out on my bike, a hard boiled egg would be a good ''pill'' rather than the grain based snacks I take with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back