Hand crushers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: santov
Originally Posted By: Dan55
If you want to prevent that in the future. Force your hand deep into the web between the thumb and index finger when you shake. It will prevent them from generating enough force to crush your hand.

Yep. It's hard to time that right though. If you get a squeezer you instead of shaking up and down and enduring the pain squeeze him hard and pull his hand towards your waste in one sudden jerk. Not like you're trying to get away but enough tip his weight forward. He'll let go or relax in reaction to falling forward.

There is a control hold, which is to squeeze three fingers (not pinky) and the knuckles pinched together hurts (try it on your left hand with your right hand). Obv, this wouldn't work well in a handshake situation.

Or you can do what my dad did when he didn't like somebody:

Look them square in the eye and lie: "My arthritis, I don't shake hands." I do that to the bible thumpers who come to the door and hand me literature and try to shake my hand.
I like the idea of pulling them off their feet.

Originally Posted By: SubyRoo
What I dont like are the ones that think they have to continue holding your hand for the entire conversation. Just let go already, one shake is good enough.

Or how about the ones that rub your elbow while they shake your hands?

What about the people that make you feel like your holding a dead fish?

Like so many other things, different people have a different tolerance for handshake firmness.

I work out almost daily, and I keep a grip strengthener at my desk. When I'm reading an article or studying something on the computer I usually am working one of my hands with it (almost unconsciously).

Since I do have fairly strong hands it's rare that I think someone shakes too firmly, however I try to make an effort ease off when I shake hands because of the strength. Sometimes it's hard to judge-what seems like light pressure to me might be too firm to the other person.

THIS is a good read!
I always wonder this myself. I HATE a dead fish handshake! I hate it when someone grabs my fingers!

Give me a good palm to palm firm shake, that's all!

After constantly getting my hand crushed by an old co-worker who spent years in the concrete business, I invested a few years in grip and wrist training.

I purchased several "captains of crush" grippers and an adjustable Ivanko super gripper. After a good 6 months, I noticed my watch was getting tighter from my wrist muscles, or tendons growing a small bit.
After a year, I started to have pains like arthritis style pain. I was training hard doing negatives. Its basically when you squeeze the gripper completely closed and hold a penny b/t the closed ends touching. Some of these grippers are quite a doozy to completely close.

I eventually put a big slow down on the training and only do it occasionally now.

I just wanted to have a firmer hand shake. No need to try to crush someones hand. Ridiculous.

Rob

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I always shake very hard and firm to show that I`m the alpha male in the situation.

lol.gif
That's hilarious.

Get the heck off my leg!! Maybe we can give you a new forum name!!
crackmeup2.gif
:leghumper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back