Gulf Coast Filter element

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found what I feel is an excellent possible option for the GCF elements: Viva! paper towels by Kleenex.

This media is flat, not pleated or "quilted" like most paper towel rolls. It is like a very thick toilet paper, so it should work well. Unlike quilted/pleated paper towels, the oil will need to travel through the media, not between the sheets.

The only downside I found is that it takes two rolls to make a single element (meaning you need to roll them together, which is time consuming).

Yeah. The "roll your own" deal is somewhat of a turn off. I guess if you have enough television time it wouldn't be so bad.

It still only took 5 minutes to roll...not that big of a deal, but maybe not for everyone?

Beats $15 that GFC charges.

Last edited:
That's not that bad. It probably wouldn't be for everyone ..but that $15 alternative could provide some serous incentive.

I have a larger canister that I'd like to adapt to PT. I just don't have anything to use it on.

Here's the element that came with it. It's a coiled "bag filter" rated @ 35um.

This thing came with engineering drawings and everything. This thing looked like it could be mounted on a battle ship. Very heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back