Guess its true - AZ will stop selling GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped in at my local AZ in Eustis Fl, Saw two quarts of GC dated 06xxxxxx. Thats all they had. Asked the guys if they were going to get more. He checkid his hand held computer, and it gave the code that means no more will be ordered once the store runs out. I asked him to check in the back for any cases. We both checked, and there were none. So, I purchased those two quarts and added it to what I already have in my shed.

I now have;
8 Quarts of GC Green
8 Quarts of GC Gold
Half Quart (opened) of GC Green
Half Quart (opened) of BC 5W-40
Half Quart of Motorcraft Blend (opened) 5W-20
12 Quarts of PP 5W-20 made in 05, before switching from PAO.
4 Liters of Motul 7100 20W-50 Ester

I don't go out looking for oil, but when I find something I like on sale, I get it. (although I paid full price for the two quarts I just found)

"Half Quart (opened) of GC Green
Half Quart (opened) of BC 5W-40
Half Quart of Motorcraft Blend (opened) 5W-20"

I'd be very weary of "unopened" half quarts
grin.gif

Again I dont think anyone should go around CLAIMING AZ is going to stop carrying it. Your local stores may stop carrying, but the entire store locations nationwide haven't stopped yet.. My store hasn't discontinued GC at all, according to their Comp

My local AZ was sent an email on Monday by their supply people to stop ordering GC. They won't be getting anymore. So I guess I'll stop looking at their empty shelf when I visit.

I think I can still get it around here, so if anyone is interested, I can ship some...Too heavy to use in my Sonata, though I wish it weren't so!
frown.gif

Quote:

I checked two Denver area Autozones and no 0W-30 in one and American 0W-30 in the other.

They have the same inventory code in the Autozone computer. Autozone has no way of knowing how much GC 0w30 they have in each warehouse or retail store. In more than one AZ I've been in, the GC and the made-in-USA stuff was mixed together on the shelf.

I'm waiting to hear they closed it out to rid themselves of the Domestic 0w-30 and then I'll make my move on the GC I know of.

Bob,

I must have hit the Eustis Autozone right before you, I purchaced 10 quarts and left two (only need 5 qts per oci). I also hit the Leesburg Autozone a month or so ago and found 7 qts of green on the back of the shelf.

By the way I work in Mt. Dora for the largest Internet providor in Lake county. Nice to see some locals on this board.

I must have got the two qts that you left. Thanks!

Took a ride to Daytona yesterday, and passed the AZ in Sanford on 17/92 but did not stop in to check if they had any. I'll leave that to you. .

The only ISP I know of in Lake County is (or was) HOPS back when they were located on Robie Drive. Who are you with and where?

ALL the Autozones in the State of Maine are out and list it as "sellthrough." I tried southern New Hampshire and got the same response.

I was just in the Woodburn, Or AZ yesterday, and they were
fully stocked with it.

Although it was all gold.

just playing with you,as you listed the half quarts as 'opened'...i.e. I would hope that you had opened those half quarts!

Have purchased 70 quarts for a new 06 Tundra and now it is marked sell through in North Ms. Local AZ has put in order for ten cases to see what happens.

The local CarQuest and O'Reilly's auto parts stores carry Castrol products. I asked if they could 'order' Castrol's 0W-30 and 5W-40 Syntec oils since Autozone no longer carries it on the shelf. NO PROBLEMO!!!!! Place your order and it will be in on the next Castrol delivery!!

So the #@$%! with Autozone!!!

Quote:

The local CarQuest and O'Reilly's auto parts stores carry Castrol products. I asked if they could 'order' Castrol's 0W-30 and 5W-40 Syntec oils since Autozone no longer carries it on the shelf. NO PROBLEMO!!!!! Place your order and it will be in on the next Castrol delivery!!

Don't order too much, until you know whether the Castrol 0w30 is GC or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back