Griot G9 DA Polisher

Guess you can tell my new car has renewed my interest in detailing, lol. Just finished detailing my new ES350. I am pushing 72 with a finicky right shoulder. Washing, claying and waxing by hand Is a lot harder than it used to be! Need to do wife’s 2010 MDX. I keep it pretty nice but it does need a polishing step. No way I will tackle that bohemoth by hand. I am itching to get a new DA machine since my PC 7424 is under powered and frequently stalls. Watched an Autogeek review (infomercial is a better word) for the G9. Main point is it’s have power making it almost impossible to stall. I like that but wonder if I will end up burning the finish. I have used a DA polisher many times but do not consider myself all that experienced. Is the G9 too powerful the average weekend warrior? Thanks.

Reactions: JC1
I have a G9 but haven't used it much. It's a great DA, and you can certainly stall it. And no, you can't burn through the clear with it unless you have sanding disc instead of a polishing pad. Hell, prior to G9 I had flex 3401, which is gear driven and is a beast of a polisher. Even with flex it is quite hard to burn through. Anyhow, get a G9, it's an awesome polisher that doesn't cost crazy money and add lifetime warranty (real life time warranty) and you cannot go wrong. Also get some fast correcting and correcting creams while you're at it

Since pad stalling has been mentioned a few times, it is important to note that just because the pad isn't spinning does not mean that you are not correcting.

Most of the pad movement and therefore correction comes from the oscillation, not the rotation.

Rupes lays out the math in this video:

Back