Picking a fall wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just scooped up the "new" HF Bauer DA polisher and want to pick out the best fall/prewinter wax to use (when o eventually have time). FWIW I'm lucky to find the correct combination of time and compatible weather to do a good clean/detail/wax 1-2 times a year.... more likely one. I've been very happy with results from griots one step sealant but the longevity is lacking without my weekend wash and d156 waxing. I've also had good results with megs ULW in the past and still have half a bottle left over. I have some of their UPW as well but that's going to be a pita with the DA polisher.

Is there a better option than either of these choices? I don't think I'll have time to do a correction before the wax but maybe if I'm real lucky I can run some polish (likely megs ultimate polish as it's what I have on hand still). Is collinite going to offer better durability? One of the fancy new sealants?

I usually aim for durability vs look...so been gravitating towards polymer sealants. Car guys liquid wax sealant has been good to me. Want to try Jescar Powerlock and Fusso Coat. Been topping Car Guys liquid wax (polymer sealant) with P&S Bead maker with good results. Probably could squeeze a year out of that combo, but I don't wait that long. Cannot go wrong with Collinite...haven't used yet though.

I picked up Turtle Wax Ice Shine N Seal. Keeping it simple and inexpensive.

Originally Posted by mbacfp
I usually aim for durability vs look...so been gravitating towards polymer sealants. Car guys liquid wax sealant has been good to me. Want to try Jescar Powerlock and Fusso Coat. Been topping Car Guys liquid wax (polymer sealant) with P&S Bead maker with good results. Probably could squeeze a year out of that combo, but I don't wait that long. Cannot go wrong with Collinite...haven't used yet though.

+1 on the Bead Maker as a topping over a good sealant...

I would recommend you claybar to remove the fine grit that is in the paint. Then follow with Meguiars swirl remover or ultimate polish (don't worry its gentle) then follow that with a wax. I like Meguiars Ultimate wax. For long term NuFinish is hard to beat but you should apply it by hand since it stains rubber so easily. The DA will sling it all over if your are not really careful.

Can't believe I'm the first one to suggest such a thing...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by mbacfp

I've yet to find a sealant as good as Powerlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back