Grinding and or chattering noise in P or D?

Hey all, I had my transmission rebuilt in my 2009 Buick (4t65e) 7 months ago and starting this week I had an issue with a noise popping up when the vehicle is not in motion, only in P and D. It sounds like a cyclical grinding noise sometimes accompanied by a noise that I can only image sounds like loose flexplate bolts or a cracked flexplate. The part that is confusing makes is that it isn't all the time. I also was able to indentify that the noise is indeed coming from the drivers side engine compartment (transaxle) from inside the car.

I'm planning on pulling the starter today and checking all the flex plate to converter bolts but if that doesn't fix the issue I'm pretty stumped. Fluid is right between C and H on the trans dipstick and the transmission shifts very smooth except for what feels like it either searching for the correct gear or the TCC going in and out of lockup at lower speed and moderate acceleration.

Good place to start as you’ve outlined. A cracked flex plate is a possibility also. Not sure but if you can separate the converter from the flex plate and crank it up and see if the noise is gone. That would eliminate the possibility of a bad converter or trans pump.

It there a warranty?
There is but I figured I could spare myself not having a car for a week and do it myself. Converter bolts were slightly loose so I got them as tight as I could. No knocking noises after that.

Back