Greatest idea I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now saving up as much money as possible for the best motor swap ever:

I want to put this vw 2.5 engine:

VOLKSWAGEN JETTA 2.5 | BAY QUALITY MOTORS

into one of these:

download.jpg

Many of you think im CRAZY putting an underpowered engine into one of these jeep wranglers, but hear me out:
I will modify the engine to run on one to two turbochargers, rebuild the engine or use a salvage audi 2.5 engine that is already turbocharged, putting out a decent amount of hp and torque.

Combined with a manual transmission, I will have a unique jeep.

Why do you think I want to do this?
I hate American vehicles except the Dodge ram trucks, but this jeep look very nice!
the 2.5 is more reliable than these American hemi engines.

Don't tell me you dont love the SOUND of the 2.5! Its a great engine with a great sound.

It will take alot of time to do this engine swap, all the electronics I will need to adjust alongside with making the interior look as clean as possible, but in the end, I think it will pay off for itself.

I could possibly find one of these late model wranglers with a blown up engine anyways.

First thing to do this build: get money
Second thing: find junk wrangler
Third thing: get totaled audi 2.5 turboed car or a jetta 2.5 with all the electricals.
Fourth thing: swap begins

Volkswagon and reliable don't belong in the same sentence unless there's a "un" before it.

but really, the jeeps are already underpowered with the 3.6, swapping it out for a 2.5 is gonna make the torque even lower.

is personally go for a 3.0 v6 TDI motor, just for Greta ;)

This is a very ambitious project. I had a 2014 with the 2.5. One of the most enjoyable cars to own, I loved driving it! Not sure how the electrics will work or how the fitment would be.

But at least your list has the right #1 priority: "get money" 😄

The VW 2.5 5 cylinder is on my list of great engines (for durability). I'd love to find a nice VW Golf/ Rabbit or Jetta with a 2.5 and an M/T but they are fairly hard to find. Your 'project' sounds daunting but I wish you luck...

My original snark aside, I don't understand why you would go through all this trouble to make a worse Jeep.

Even if you somehow kept your Chinese choo-choo'd 2.5 from scattering its guts on some remote trail, the powerband would be miserable for off roading.

As suggested above, a 3.0 TDI Jeep would be a worthwhile swap. Or you could just buy a Touareg. Or a Cayenne. Or even lift a MK5 Rabbit and make a new Golf Country.

FB_IMG_1625517755389.jpg

This sounds like one of the crazy ideas I would have come up with in my 20's until some life experience taught me that these projects require lots of time and lots of money. A project like that would require crazy amounts of both.

I've found it easy to have one or the other, to have both at the same time is the challenge!

Nah, go big or go home!

6.0l V12 TDI motor out of an Audi Q7, big old injectors, and a fat tune.

then take it to your local Emissions testing site and let er eat!

If your gonna go nuts with it, why not a VR6 turbo? I believe they can make a kajillion hp or so.

Or just step up to the Wrangler 392 at $75k

Or the Lambo Urus if a quarter million is burning a hole in your pocket.

I can honestly say after working on tons and tons of Jeep Wranglers over the last three weeks I actually want one now lol. Same with the Dodge Challenger. We almost sent one to Jeep heaven the other day because we didn’t know the new guy couldn’t drive a stick he almost took out the garage door and my coworker with it lol. It had the 3.6 I believe. Except for me it would have to be all stock with the exception of maybe a couple inch lift. My friend has a 2011 model that’s raised 6 inches and I really like it except it looks tacky because of all the add ons they put on there like black zebra stripe door handle covers lol. Hopefully this was just all a dream for that plan though lol 😂 but hey if you like it then that’s what counts.

I can honestly say after working on tons and tons of Jeep Wranglers over the last three weeks I actually want one now lol. Same with the Dodge Challenger. We almost sent one to Jeep heaven the other day because we didn’t know the new guy couldn’t drive a stick he almost took out the garage door and my coworker with it lol. It had the 3.6 I believe. Except for me it would have to be all stock with the exception of maybe a couple inch lift. My friend has a 2011 model that’s raised 6 inches and I really like it except it looks tacky because of all the add ons they put on there like black zebra stripe door handle covers lol. Hopefully this was just all a dream for that plan though lol 😂 but hey if you like it then that’s what counts.
Now see there bro....
Experience rules....
I had a 2009 RT new and it was all leather and Hemi orange but it was very smooth and actually did get great mpg because I didn't get on it.
That said it floated like a boat and
was as wide as a yacht...

I hated that Hemi engine cover.
A real turd. I wouldn't buy another though as been there done that.

Now see there bro....
Experience rules....
I had a 2009 RT new and it was all leather and Hemi orange but it was very smooth and actually did get great mpg because I didn't get on it.
That said it floated like a boat and
was as wide as a yacht...

I hated that Hemi engine cover.
A real turd. I wouldn't buy another though as been there done that.
Haha. We had someone wreck a customers 2021 Charger about a month ago I wasn’t there for it but I seen the pictures. He was transporting it to the detail shop at the lot that’s one town over and a lady cut him off on the interstate and he plowed into them. It was a pretty blue charger lol. When I told my dad I wanted a Challenger or Jeep Wrangler or Charger he was like uhh what has this new job taught you? The only requirements I have is real key and manual transmission. The Charger I would accept an automatic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back