Grand Wagoneer rolled in....

When I first saw the Grand Wagoneer come out I was stunned at the size and price. I asked my wife "Who on earth buys those things?" Turns out my neighbor does. Traded in an Expedition XL on it.

It sure looks nice but I can't wrap my brain around sinking that much into a vehicle. You could have four of my Jettas and 10 years gas money to go with for that.

Sad thing is it will sit outside in the snow and ice, won't go in the garage. The Expedition wouldn't either. Good thing is it's pushing the neighborhood up. :D

When I first saw the Grand Wagoneer come out I was stunned at the size and price. I asked my wife "Who on earth buys those things?" Turns out my neighbor does. Traded in an Expedition XL on it.

There is a super abundance of people who buy vehicles of this size and not only that but they are willing to pay an inflated price tag on these vehicles due to the current prevailing circumstances.

It sure looks nice but I can't wrap my brain around sinking that much into a vehicle. You could have four of my Jettas and 10 years gas money to go with for that.

Get outside your lane, not everyone is as brutally cheap as the people that peruse websites like BITOG. The brain trust at FCA knew very well that creating a vehicle like this would sell like hotcakes to people who not only would buy it but would be eager to pay above sticker to acquire one considering those aforementioned circumstances. This has been a common trend for well over a quarter century at this point.

There is a super abundance of people who buy vehicles of this size and not only that but they are willing to pay an inflated price tag on these vehicles due to the current prevailing circumstances.

Get outside your lane, not everyone is as brutally cheap as the people that peruse websites like BITOG. The brain trust at FCA knew very well that creating a vehicle like this would sell like hotcakes to people who not only would buy it but would be eager to pay above sticker to acquire one considering those aforementioned circumstances. This has been a common trend for well over a quarter century at this point.
HM...yes.........the place where old cars come to die.................

Last edited:
Sometimes people have more money than sense.

I mean if you really can afford it, of course go ahead. But I think a lot are skipping out on retirement contributions and dragging the loan out to 84 months.

But as long as they look good driving it 🤷‍♂️

not gonna lie, i like these things a lot, and they are rolling even larger and more powerful versions in 2023. long wheelbase. they are going to be 1 foot longer. they invented the luxury suv in 1966 with the super wagoneer. they will have a twin turbo i6 with 510hp and 500 lbs of torque. a few 2022 models will be available with the 510hp i6. they have 1375 watts 23 speakers mcintosh audio.

People push others out of the way to get one here. The more loaded the better. Had a guy buy one a series 3 (so 100+) and a TRX in the same week

A lot of money around here it kinda blows you away

I mean if you really can afford it, of course go ahead. But I think a lot are skipping out on retirement contributions and dragging the loan out to 84 months.

Why bring up @AutoMechanic like this?
I think the interior would clash with my hair and nails and even my complexion...it is a pass for me.

Sad thing is it will sit outside in the snow and ice, won't go in the garage. The Expedition wouldn't either. Good thing is it's pushing the neighborhood up. :D
They are REALLY nice, and I've not had any real seat time in the Grand version, just the regular Wagoneer. They are definitely a very fitting replacement for an Expedition.

People sink much more than that into a vehicle. Look at the price of the Model X, Taycan, any Lambo/Ferrari, Aston Martin...etc. Grand Wagoneer is about the same price bracket as the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. One of my dealer buddy's wealthy friends has 3x Vipers, a Trackhawk, a Demon and got the first Grand Wagoneer that the dealership was able to get. And those are just the FCA/Stellantis products he owns, he has an extensive car collection.

Of course this is all speculation on your part-isn't t? Statistically-speaking-most who buy these vehicles are making well over $100,000.00 on average. Even Suburban buyers are upper income. These (type of) vehicle buyers are a minority on here-although there are some contributors who have done very well for themselves.

Last edited:
They look like very nice vehicles. But I've bought two move-in ready houses for $100k or less in my lifetime and that really puts the price of one into the realm of absurdity in my mind.

Of course this is all speculation on your part-isn't t? Statistically-speaking-most who buy these vehicles are making well over $100,000.00 on average. Even Suburban buyers are upper income. These (type of) vehicle buyers are a minority on here-although there are some contributors who have done very well for themselves.
Yes, all my opinion.

People who make 6 figures are often times just as fiscally irresponsible as poor people. Poor people sometimes spend lots of money on lotto tickets, booze, cigarettes, etc. and 6 figure folks buy boats, 6 figure cars, and a fancy house with nothing in the bank to show for it.

Back