Got pulled over today😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Leo99
Cops in Philly would ticket. No breaks for Santa. Lol.

I'd empty out the grill and leave it on his doorstep in the morning if I got a ticket for being santa clause.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what helped you the most by far...

Being straight and honest with him...

In all seriousness that goes a long long way with many of the people working in law enforcement.

Originally Posted by bbhero

In all seriousness that goes a long long way with many of the people working in law enforcement.

And Santa Claus will slide down your chimney tonight.

Just saying what I have heard and also seen first hand...

Having known a bunch of local and state police officers this has been proven to be true in my area.

An example was when my ex wife went off the road and rolled her car... I came in on the scene and knew that she had just gotten her right side tores off the road and whole trying to recover she lost it... She tried saying a deer was in the road... I knew that was garbage. I told her the tire marks tell the real story... She eventually admitted the truth... Then no more than two minutes later state trooper comes in... She tells him what really happened... And no lie first thing out of the state troopers mouth was, " wow, most people always claim a deer came out into the road in that situation". He then said he would work with her to help keep the accident and ticket off her records... Yeah. Telling the real truth helped there quite a bit.

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
I got a ticket on my bicycle years ago for going 36 in a 25. Caught on radar.

Scott

Seriously? If I were that cop I'd be more impressed lol

Originally Posted by bbhero

I honestly didnt know what I did wrong but I assumed it was the stop sign hidden behind the trees that you can't see until the last second, so I was just like ok when he said what I did. Lol

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Here they just ticket you without any discussion. There is no chance of getting a break, they are 100% going to give you a ticket for no proof of insurance.

There's no reason to even speak other then answering their questions.

Where is "here"? Why hide your residing state in your replies/posts? Your place of residence is listed here as VW Fanboy Island.
Are you a criminal that hasn't been caught yet?
Really..... you can't even show us your state or country?.... OMG!
Where is this place where cops are NOT so considerate and friendly?

Last edited:
I got nailed in the M3 about a month ago, bad. It was early morning, route 80 was empty and I nailed it when I had an opening. I knew I was cooked, he probably say me mouthing the F word when he was pulling me over. Younger state trooper flew up behind me, came to the passenger side. Asked what was going on, the flow of traffic was 75 and then he watched me take off going way faster than that. I was honest, "Its a nice day, the car feels good, no one was around so I ran it out a little. No excuses, you caught me at a bad time" I told him I couldnt remember the last time I was pulled over, last ticket I think was 2003. He ran my papers and came back saying that he wasnt looking to ruin anyones day, just try to stay under control and be more observant to the cars around me. I was elated, shook his hand, and gave him a card to my shop, said he was a BMW owner also, maybe that helped a little.
We all read about the bad things in the news from them all the time, they get a bad rap, but theres thousands of decent cops out there, that respect that they are a human before an officer, and are not above the law.

I have been pulled over 4 times once for stop sign (didn't have my license on me)-no ticket. Once for speeding-got ticket for disobeying a posted sign-which is quite a break. Once for going 53 in a 35-he wrote it up for 44, and I was out of state.
And once for a license check, didn't have it-no fine. Amazing I always have my license except those two times.
Address them as "officer" or "sir/mam" be polite admit fault and don't argue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dbias
I got a ticket last month doing 29 in a 25. The road goes from 55 to 25 with one little 25mph ahead sign. It's the local little town speed trap and I guess how the fund city hall. Of all the vehicles I have, I got it in the little transit connect, stupid thing is so under powered it can barely get out of it's own way lol

I would fight that one, a deviation of 4 mph, when my brother in law was a cop he said most cities use an OVER 5 mph as a set point. Get his radar unit calibration records.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Here they just ticket you without any discussion. There is no chance of getting a break, they are 100% going to give you a ticket for no proof of insurance.

Where is "here"? Why hide your residing state in your replies/posts? Your place of residence is listed here as VW Fanboy Island.

If you read my posts I probably say I live in Toronto once per week or so. I also post in other Canadian's threads a lot. I also use words like colour, labour, armour etc.
Here in Canada, we aren't tough enough to really fight crime. So we go after the law abiding citizens because they are easy targets.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted by Leo99
For a guy that seems to have a dark cloud following him wherever he goes, I'd get 100% legal if I were you. Stop screwing around and get your s together.

2019 will be they year when you take full responsibility for yourself.

Sorry, tough love and all that...

Merry Christmas, bro. Happy New Year

I've done pretty good so far only pulled over once in 15 years of driving. As far as everything else being a pain in the [censored] all the time, well I don't know what to do about that.

listen to leo.
re: "I don't know what to do about that". well,i do. hook up with zman, grampi, kjmack, and 'prone, and a few others. kj will supply the pot. all can sit around, and drink some wine, fire up a couple, and ponder the problems of the world.
enjoy your Christmas.
merry Christmas to all.

what's going on with zman? haven't seen one of his beloved daily threads recently.

If you read my posts I probably say I live in Toronto once per week or so. I also post in other Canadian's threads a lot. I also use words like colour, labour, armour etc.
Here in Canada, we aren't tough enough to really fight crime. So we go after the law abiding citizens because they are easy targets.

triple is right. posters should not have to ask location from another that says "here" or something like this.
max is wrong. there are few absolutes in life, so there is no way that cops will "100 %" give you a ticket for said offense, in any city, region, state/province, or country. it depends on the cop.i know that it doesn't apply "here". blanket statements should not be used, but, it's just the way people talk.

The other night I may or may not have been speeding at just below 100 with my Escape. A cop pulled up next to me and shined their spotlight in my face, then kept going. I had been wondering who was tailgating me at those speeds LOL. But, no pull over, no ticket. Perhaps my "Support our Police" bumper sticker helped. Or it was just an early Christmas gift.

Last edited:
In Ohio you do not need proof of insurance on you....

You DO need to have had It at the time of the ticket....I think you have 30 days to prove it was valid.

If you left the new card at home or can't find it at the time how can they write someone up for that?

Happy holidays to all.

Nailed it. Toronto isn't Mayberry. Torontonians do not get the Mayberry experience, especially not the Pork Region, Peel and Durham regionals.

Truth and attitude go a long way with the LEO's that I know. You have no idea how many BS excuses they listen to every day.

Because most places its all about meeting the Revenue Quota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back