Got my malibu back after the deer hit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well finally got my malibu back after 9 days of it being in the body shop from getting hit by a deer. All i had 2 do was pay the 500 deductible but the total job was $1700. The had to paint the whole left side of the car to have the paint match. They even repolished the RR quarter panel because it was fading a bit from the last time they did work on my car when tht lady hit me from behind.

https://twitter.com/thamechanic94/status/799753806309249025

Bad deer! How dare he walk up and hit your car!
lol.gif

Looks like they did a nice job, glad you've got car back. Frustrating to be out a good amount for the deductible, but if no human got hurt and your car is back to normal, then all's well that ends well.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Sounds like the car has been in the shop a lot since you've had it.

3 times in the body shop in 19k. Only really at the dealer for some small warranty work twice.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Maybe they did some wide open throttle runs on a clear road to test their work. After all, not their car...

And we have come full circle.

10/10 would read again.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Maybe they did some wide open throttle runs on a clear road to test their work. After all, not their car...

They might as well! The OP believes that is perfectly acceptable...

I would have made a deal with them so there was no out of pocket.. Anytime i had a body shop issue they eat the deductible or i go somewhere else.

Actually its not .. If the body shop decides to make that deal and get my business its like him paying for it or him giving a professional courtesy.. It is at the owners discretion.. It's like when you get stopped for a traffic violation that you know you did and the cop does not write you a ticket, same thing.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Glad to see it's looking good again...

Thanks, almost had a J/A hit me tonight, drifted into my lane and u could c his phone lit up in his hand.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Actually its not .. If the body shop decides to make that deal and get my business its like him paying for it or him giving a professional courtesy.. It is at the owners discretion.. It's like when you get stopped for a traffic violation that you know you did and the cop does not write you a ticket, same thing.

Sugarcoat it however you want to make yourself feel better...it is still insurance fraud and you still belong in prison!

I'm sure you are the first one to squeal like a pig when your premiums increase.

I'm not sure that a side deal between the owner and the shop would constitute fraud.
The insurer writes a check for the amount calculated using standard crash estimating guides less the insured's deductible. You can get a check from your insurer and fix the car yourself or just keep the money and not fix the car at all. This isn't fraud.
My concern would be that most insurers cut every corner they can in estimating damage repair costs, so forcing a body shop to eat the deductible isn't likely to bring high quality repair work. The shop simply can't afford it. If an owner is okay with ill-fitting Chinese knock-off parts and the cheapest possible prep work followed by the cheapest possible finish paint work, then he should by all means find a shop that'll eat the deductible.
Body work is labor-intensive and skilled labor costs money. In body and paint work, as with anything else, you get what you pay for. I don't know of any shop owners getting rich on the insurance work that is any body shop's bread and butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back