Got A new VTX and a question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just drain the oil and put in a couple quarts of any 15W-40 HDEO, ride it for a couple thousand miles & change the oil & filter.

It's a Honda: it'll run just about forever with just minimal service.

Cheers!

p.s. Start looking for a front end off a wrecked VTX 1800 and you can upgrade to dual disks. Probably doesn't even use a different master cylinder, but who knows?

More brakes will be an addition you will truly appreciate on a 600+ - 700 lb. motorcycle. Braided lines, too!

I would change the oil and filter immediately. Put in Mobil 1 MXRT or Mobil 1 V twin, Amsoil 10W40 motorcycle or Amsoil 20W-50 motorcycle.

I had a 2005, bought in 2004, until recently. I got the big Mustang touring seats, sissy bar with oversize back rest, bags, T-bag, 2 into 1 exhaust, tweaked carburetor, passenger floor board foot rest, and personal control placements/tweaking. I used Amsoil 20W-50 motorcycle oil and Chevron 93 octane gasoline. My wife and I used to ride it up the Blue Ridge from Cherokee, NC, an up to Fredericksburg, Va.

You can go up just one jet, 2 into 1 exhaust, and get the NGK platinum plugs and see a very noticeable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back