Gooloo jump packs

IMG_20210116_220022_111.jpg

Quite good, excellent value for money, especially if you get them on sale

I got the smaller 37wh capacity models, and one of the larger 73wh models on a good sale

I used one in lieu of a battery resurrecting an abandoned 3.0 Vulcan Taurus, and a 5+ year unstarted 4.6 Northstar Eldorado

Apparently, you aren't supposed to do that, it was never really the same after

They sent me a replacement no charge, and said don't do that again

I don't feel bad about it though, all 5 people in my office bought one after they saw what it could do

While being much lighter and temperature resistant than the old fashioned bigger and heavier lead acid jump boxes

It also doubles as a power bank, so you can keep your phone or hotspot charged in a car without constant idling, or if the powers out at home

Will it start an old 7.3 in an Alaskan blizzard, I doubt it

But the first big snow we had here a few weeks back, wind chill took it near 0, and I got a half dozen miscellaneous cars (Civic/Patriot/Rav4) back up and running, with little struggle

At ~$30, it's cheaper than a roadside assistance call, and you can do it yourself, now, without involving other incompetent people with jumper cables (ask me how I know😡)

Project Farm did some recent testing, and his findings align with mine, excellent value for money

I have one of their midrange models, GP1500 (55 Wh), but have not had a chance to use it, other than as power source for my 12V tire inflator. The USB-C port is nice - helps to recharge it quickly.

I bet they regret having picked such a stupid brand name now. "Gooloo". Seriously.
I don't think they always know that they'll make it

Much like Anker or Aukey, I remember when they both made cheap throwaway junk

Apparently Gooloo dates back to a 2018 Indiegogo campaign

More power to them

The names are random, made up to circumvent some type of copyright or registration mumbo jumbo. Just another one of Amazon's bizarre china activities.

I have the older white one, the bottom one in your pic, bought it last year when the company was clearing out for the updated model. Very pleased with it, had to jump start my crv once and my coworker's cobalt last winter.

It can charge my Samsung s8 and wifes apple 10 in appx btwn 1hr10min to 1hr45min depending on phones battery level.

I used mine to kick over a Insight, Civic and a Prius. Seeing all the fires when a Li-Ion battery is pushed to its max limits, I’m leery about using mine to jump anything bigger than a 2.4L I4 in the Camcord or Altima/Sonata/Forte range.

I used mine to kick over a Insight, Civic and a Prius. Seeing all the fires when a Li-Ion battery is pushed to its max limits, I’m leery about using mine to jump anything bigger than a 2.4L I4 in the Camcord or Altima/Sonata/Forte range.

This is why I was leery when I was looking at Li-ion jump-packs when deciding to buy a jump starter. Picked up a JNC770R instead. At least the battery can be recyclable.

r/spicypillows (not my pic)
7k26jkle1o171.jpg

gxn8y1he1o171.jpg

This is why I was leery when I was looking at Li-ion jump-packs when deciding to buy a jump starter. Picked up a JNC770R instead. At least the battery can be recyclable.

r/spicypillows (not my pic)
7k26jkle1o171.jpg

gxn8y1he1o171.jpg
I bought an ultracapacitor jump starter for that reason. Keeping a li-ion pack in a hot car is begging for trouble.

I just bought it today on Prime day.

I just bought it today on Prime day.

You got a great deal for that Trav!

You guys should buy batteries that are lithium ion phosphate instead. A little safer and a little more expensive.

Maybe so but it doesn't get that hot here, I have kept my JNC318 in the trunk compartment on the side for a few years without the car going up in flames.

Maybe so but it doesn't get that hot here, I have kept my JNC318 in the trunk compartment on the side for a few years without the car going up in flames.
I know Trav but just because it hasn't, doesn't mean it wont. :) I've been on the wrong side of a lithium pack failure recently. Scared the you know what out of me. I'll be honest I play with these batteries all the time and perhaps ask to much out of some.

I've seen and read enough that I only store the LiFePO in my car now. Not a rant, everyone is free to do what they will, just adding my POV.

Edited to add: LiFePO also has the advantage of a slower self discharge rate, so it can sit in your trunk longer and still be usable. Most people will forget to charge their packs I am sure :)

That is why I have fire insurance. I had a 65 Beetle almost turn me into a Buddhist one time at a red light, insurance paid the loss.

Back