Jump Start Battery Pack Recommendation

I got the Gooloo 4000, it works great. Amazon has $20 off the orange one.

That's what i meant to say!! The 4000! LOL

I have the GOOLOO 400 amp jump pack. Purchased it in April 2021. I just checked it the other day and it's still at 100% charge. Time will tell how long it lasts and how good of a jump pack it is.

About 3 years ago I purchased a very small EarthX jump pack. It sat for a year and was able to start my wife's Lexus with a dead battery no problem. It has been discontinued.

Are they garaged? If No, one of those solar trickle chargers might be a good investment esp. if you have an "always on" 12v port ie cig lighter style.
(if garaged a plug in charger with quick disconnects)
Good advice, but my need is more for jumper cable type use.
I have considered a trickle charger. I really need to drive the RX more!

Seeing that cars don't come with lithium starting batteries, that is a moot point.
There are some Li car batteries out there but they are expensive. Antigravity is one brand that comes to mind. I'm not sold on them, because I've many vehicle accidents where the battery is damaged, not a major issue with lead acid big issue with Li ion.

NOCO. Gave my daughter one a couple years ago (cyber Monday sale on Amazon. Half off.). She’s used it a couple of times to jump friends’ cars in very cold weather. Good gear.

Good advice, but my need is more for jumper cable type use.
I have considered a trickle charger. I really need to drive the RX more!
not a big issue for you but the lithium ones are terrible if you try to use it after being stored in car at 0F.

If it was a "just incase I need it" I'd definitely go super capacitor type.

for lithium battery style remember all the ratings are worthless and super inflated.
just because it can put out 1200 amps for .03 seconds you need amps for alot longer than that to start car..

I have seen "1000 peak amps" fail to start Warm V8 engine.

JNC is the gold standard for jump boxes

I have a JNC770 and a NOCO Boost plus GB 40. I think the JNC advantages are 2 gauge cables (vs. 8 gauge for the NOCO) and replaceable parts, especially the AGM batteries. The NOCO advantage is the smaller size and weight. If I were to buy a new jump starter, I would be looking at the super capacitor type.

FWIW, JNC does also make the super capacitor and the Li-ion jump starters along with their lead acid AGM ones. I know, everyone is looking for the best “value”. Problem for me is that price is easy to quantify, but quality/reliability/durability is very difficult to quantify.

I ordered the Audew 1500 because it charges yachts. Just in case.
If it wasn't already chipped, I might have picked up the Gooloo or who knows what?

I appreciate everyone who chipped in. Thank you.

I have a JNC770 and a NOCO Boost plus GB 40. I think the JNC advantages are 2 gauge cables (vs. 8 gauge for the NOCO) and replaceable parts, especially the AGM batteries. The NOCO advantage is the smaller size and weight. If I were to buy a new jump starter, I would be looking at the super capacitor type.

FWIW, JNC does also make the super capacitor and the Li-ion jump starters along with their lead acid AGM ones. I know, everyone is looking for the best “value”. Problem for me is that price is easy to quantify, but quality/reliability/durability is very difficult to quantify.
I bought a JNC660 back in Oct. 2014 and it still works great. It has jumped both 95 Fords with 5.0's with ease and a 3.Slow Ranger. Every 6 months or so I bring it inside to charge and put it right back in the bed tool box were it sees 95+ temps in summer and low 30's at night during winter here in SC. Absolutely recommend to anyone who wants a reliable jumper that last.

Are they garaged? If No, one of those solar trickle chargers might be a good investment esp. if you have an "always on" 12v port ie cig lighter style.
(if garaged a plug in charger with quick disconnects)
I have tried to find an exact thread dealing with my question but with no luck.

How do I find out if a 2014 Mitsubishi Challenger Diesel has the correct accessory socket that will take this:

https://www.amanstoyshop.com.au/pro...MIlpKMkJCN9gIVjn0rCh2vXQjeEAQYDSABEgJ2mvD_BwE

PLUG IN(not alligator clipped direct to battery) trickle solar panel charger?

I know my 2004 model Mitsubishi Magna/aka Diamante does not have this type, but I am hoping the later Challenger might have this facility.

plug in a phone charger or other accessory with the car off. if it charges phone probably has power all the time.

on the cherokee the one inside the armrest is always on.. the one in front of the gear shift is switched with ignition.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I am unsure.

Will the type of solar PLUG IN trickle charger that I linked to work with Challenger accessory sockets?

It is not my car, but it is my brother's, who has even less auto electrical knowledge than me.

If his Challenger has a socket that still provides power to the accessory socket with the key REMOVED from the ignition, does this suggest that that socket is of the type that will accept a "reverse current(I'm not sure of the correct term due to my lack of auto electrical knowledge)" and allow the solar panel to directly trickle charge the battery?

Is the presence of two/2 sockets inside the car at the front seat area an indication that there are BOTH TYPES OF SOCKET present?

Thanks.

Yes, the socket has to be powered for it to accept current.

No, 2 sockets is just that, 2 sockets. They could be both powered with the key out, or not powered etc...

Back