Goodbye friend... <3

Youre implying that Subaru cars aren’t reliable, and need lots of expensive repairs, but I didn’t find that to be true, at all, with my 2016 WRX that I owned for 3 years.

And I don’t know anyone who shares your opinion on that.

There are makes that have that sort of rep, but they’re European luxury vehicles, for the most part.

As far as Genesis/Hyundai/Kia, they’ve got some great-looking, innovative, and fun (car enthusiast-oriented, even) designs.

But, I do not believe their QC is close to matching that of the Japanese makes…yet.
Didn’t your WRX live at the dealer for months, and was such a lemon that Subaru extended the warranty on it?

Didn’t your WRX live at the dealer for months, and was such a lemon that Subaru extended the warranty on it?
An exhaust header stud nut was left off from the factory, and it (understandably) took a while to track down the noise it was making (slight whistle at high RPM only).

One of the reasons it took a while was that the dealership is about 25-30 miles from where I Iive, and I ended up having to drive down and do a ride-along with a tech in order to demonstrate the noise, due to the fact that it only manifested itself at high RPM.

Anyway, that was the only issue I ever had with the car, other than the brakes being inadequate for the kind of driving I was subjecting them to.

Darrell Waltrip Subaru, in Franklin, TN. took care of me, even giving me a loaner during this, no questions asked.

And, I thought Subaru of America went above and beyond in giving me a Gold Extended Service Plan, for free, which covered the car for 7 years or 100,000 miles (basically extending the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty).

Back