Good prices on Pennz 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought 5 qts of Pennzoil 5w20 at Wallyworld for $1.59/qt, which is lower than their normal price for quarts or the 5qt jug. I then went to Pepboys for a filter and found they lowered their price for the Pennz 5w20 to $1.29. That's the first time I've ever seen them lower than Wallys.

I bought a case of quarts at that price and I'll be getting a Shell $5 gas card in addition, not too shabby. ~$.87/qt after receiving the gas card.

Anyone interested in the Shell gas/gift card must buy 12qts before 12/31/04 and find a case that includes this rebate. Other cases had other rebates, irregardless the Pepboys price is still a great deal.

I guess they're trying to get rid of the GF3/SL in preparation of the GF4/SM that's starting to hit the market.

quote:

Originally posted by mike1qaz:
I guess they're trying to get rid of the GF3/SL in preparation of the GF4/SM that's starting to hit the market.

That's what I have been noticing.

Mike, what's the date stamp on those bottles of PZ you picked up? If they're July 04 or later, it's SM /GF-4 formula. PZ didn't relabel their bottles until the "official" stamp was allowed to be used for SM this past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back