Good Injector Cleaner and AutoRx tranny cleaner questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start with the AutoRx tranny question first:

I have 2 transmissions that need cleaning. One is an automatic tranny for a 95 740il (6L roughly), and the other is for a 99 328i (1.2 L). Will one bottle be enough for both cars or do I need two? Also, since these are 'lifetime' oils, any ideas on putting in some AutoRx tranny cleaner in once i've put in the new fluids? (I'm thinking along the lines of the preventive cleaning for the engine).

I'm also looking for what you gents would consider to be the best (amongst the best) fuel injector cleaner. If memory serves me right, the BMW injectors have a plastic tip (as opposed to a metal one i guess). So what are your recommendations?

Thanks

Auto-Rx works on ratio's transmission fluid is a very thin viscosity hydraulic oil (ISO 68)plus additive package from manufacture. Add 6 ounces of Auto-Rx to your existing transmission fluid.
Drive 1000 miles and evacuate transmission fluid
making sure you clean torque converter. Add new
transmission fluid and your finished. Only one
application of Auto-Rx (6 ounces ) is needed.
Please visit www.auto-rx.net for more information.

Three fuel cleaners talked about on this board. Amsoil PI, Neutra and Fuel Power as well as the Techron and RedLine product. I have used all but Redline myself. As to the Amsoil, Neutra and FP. PI is a nice concentrate and easy to use at every tankful, Neutra great also, seems you need more of it but have not done a cost comparison. Fuel Power used once over a very short period. Terry really high on fuel power as it does seems to do more then just clean. I think all three of these work very well, never had an injector problem on any car in over 10 years. Others swear by RedLine.

Matter of availabiltiy, how often you wish to use (PI and FP are every tankful, Neutra can be also but depends) and cost.

I personally stay away from the OTC stuff now, maybe if I had to Techron.

I'm looking at using a the injector cleaner every oil change (5000k) or every second oil change.

The gas station I go to (Petro-Canada) supposedly has an engine cleaning additive added to their fuel, but I'm still thinking that an injector cleaning every so often is a good idea.

A mechanic friend of mine did mention Kleen-Flow which runs at $26/bottle.

I'll start taking a look at the selection you kindly offered me, and it's availability here up north.

Frank:

Thanks for your reply. So then, 1 bottle of Tranny cleaner is enough for both cars. I'll be calling prolly tomorow to place my order. You guys to ship to Canada right? j/k.

Why do you think your BMW vehicles need a "tranny cleaning". What's there to clean out that a drain and refill can't suffice? I sure wouldn't screw around with my BMW trannies with 3rd party addatives of any sort. Engines are one thing, but transmissions like these are non-serviceable. Why do you feel you need auto-rx in both your trannies? Are they slipping? Run rough?

I used Auto-Rx in my transmission and it worked great!! You would not belive how much third party abrasives it removed!

I use PI, FP, and BGK44 (I think I'm missing a letter). I use the BG stuff ($18/can) about once a year. Regularly use the FP every other tank. I use PI in my lawn equipment only because it is in the basement near my mowers and stuff. I believe they all work.

I treated both of my Lexi with AutoRx and both of them shifted smoother after running the ARx for 1000 miles and changing the ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back