AC system cleaner question

I have 19 and 21 Toyota vehicles. I was reading an article that the systems need to be cleaned after after about 2-3 years due to mold build up especially if the AIR is always on max and one lives in a humid area. I see that Toyota makes a 2 part kit but other companies make similar system cleaners for alot less. Has anyone tried a product that works well?

I would just replace the cabin filter annually and keep an eye on the condensation line for the AC.
The condensation is the water dripping which means the system is draining properly. I have what you mention but very seldom only cars in which the cabin filter was seldom replace.

I have 19 and 21 Toyota vehicles. I was reading an article that the systems need to be cleaned after after about 2-3 years due to mold build up especially if the AIR is always on max and one lives in a humid area. I see that Toyota makes a 2 part kit but other companies make similar system cleaners for alot less. Has anyone tried a product that works well?
These products are all similar - foams that get to the evaporator to kill mold and deodorize it. They work well if you can get them to reach the evaporator. It’s absolutely worthwhile to do it when your ac starts to smell. May be worthwhile to do ahead of time if you’re sensitive to mold. Otherwise you could just do it when it smells. Every car is susceptible to this in the same way.

I ordered the Toyota kit from Amazon. What came did not have the actual Toyota red label. It had a green label, and was made by Servicerite for Southeast Toyota distributors. It very well may have been the same stuff in different cans.

The big can of foam worked as advertised. The stuff in the small can stunk terribly, but eventually faded after some weeks.

Back