Gonna Try A Baldwin>What Say You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've seen the thread concerning the one Baldwin with a defect. Things happen. I've also seen the much praised Amsoil filter, cause a member of our Police Interceptor club, probs. FYI-Amsoil weren't too keen on customer service.

The Baldwin on this sites oil filter study, flowed well, filtered well, and showed heavy-duty construction. They are available here (Atlanta), at a few select locations. The price is $5.75. Fair enough...

I just hope all the flavors, come with that cool, bright red canister!
grin.gif

In the Mercruiser filter tests Mobil 1 (~ $10.00 to $12.00) was first and Purolator Pure One (~ $5.00) was second.

Baldwin is a good heavily constructed filter. I have cut several apart and compared them others and they are heavy duty compared to others.

Dan

After reading the filter study I thought it was the best filter for both price and availability. Very well built and an obvious industrial design not built to a retail price point.

quote:

Originally posted by ULVER:
Yes, I've seen the thread concerning the one Baldwin with a defect. Things happen. I've also seen the much praised Amsoil filter, cause a member of our Police Interceptor club, probs. FYI-Amsoil weren't too keen on customer service.

I just hope all the flavors, come with that cool, bright red canister!
grin.gif

I am not the only poster who found a problem with the B31. However, in all fairness to Baldwin, they did acknowledge the issue and advised they have fixed it in current filters. I have no reason to doubt this latter claim.

The only thing I think Baldwin should have different is offered to replace the defective filters with new ones.

Bob W.

Ulver,
wanted to chime in on your question...I've been using Baldwin Filters now for a few months..very happy with what I've got. I use oversize B1431 on my 03 Civic EX and oversize B2 on wife's Chrys T&C. The Civic is coming up on 4,000 miles on fresh oil change w/ the B1431 and I just checked the dipstick this afternoon after I topped up the oil w/ 1 oz. of Lube Control. Now I know everyone says that the color of the oil is not a good or scientific way to determine the engine oil's (or filter's) performance...but when the oil on the dipstick is still a "light-honey color" after 4 grand...that's at least tellin' me something! Maybe it's just the exceptionally engineered Honda engine and not the oil or filter
dunno.gif
Who knows? The wife's T&C is just about a month away from hitting 15k on the OCI w/ the B2 on it and, again...color not being the scientific determination, but the oil is "not" tar-black. Dark brown, yes.. So both the oil, filter, and engine are handling things very well...UOA to follow. I'm sure other full-flow filters would do just as well, but it does allow me to sleep at night, knowing I've got those Baldwins on my cars! The oil filter study pictures and flow data also gave me a piece of mind knowing that the filter pleats and overall construction was solid and very well put together!

my 2 cents!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TheFuror:
Originally posted by ULVER:
[qb]

The only thing I think Baldwin should have different is offered to replace the defective filters with new ones.

Bob W.
They wrote back and agreed to do this, including explaining how the manufacturing process works, etc.

R/X: Good company with good customer service.

Bob W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back