Going to a Luau next weekend, what gift for the host?

A good buddy of mine and his GF is hosting a Luau next weekend.
Since it's pretty far from where my GF and I live, they've offered to let us stay in their camper trailer for the weekend. The cost of hotel rooms is currently about 250+ a night.

We've been instructed to "just bring ourselves" but since they also offered us a place to stay, we really feel inclined to get the family something.
Usually when we'd get together, I'd just get him a fancy bottle of whisky or scotch or....whatever. Since he's a bit of a booze snob, I knew to set the budget a little more generously.

Any ideas on what to bring? We've never been to one, and they are planning everything down to the pig on the fire etc. (she's from Hawaii).

thanks in advance!

A case of this. Hawaiians are very fond of it.

spam.jpg

If you're thinking Scotch, it's pretty hard to beat "The Macallan". I have a bottle of their 12 year old. And older would be even better.

Don't even think of buying a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. It's a blend, very expensive and in my opinion not even very good. Several years ago we did a comparison of an unknown single malt and Johnny Walker Blue. The less expensive single malt completely blew it out of the water. For the record we poured both over iceberg ice.

Back