Going on a trip, any tips or additives to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going out on a lengthy trip soon, was wondering if i should add some redline or lucas UCL to every tank on my travels to improve mpg....

I am going to change the oil before i go, putting my summer tires back on, 34psi in each.... Just wondering what else could improve my mpg alng the way.

Just the redline SL-1 it has an UCL in it already. That should be good enough for your trip

I have been using Lucas UCL @ every fill. Have just started mixing MMO with it about 50/50.

Planning on a long trip too up north soon and will be using Just Lucas UCL on it @ about 2.5oz per 10 gallons of regular unleaded.

Government has had the oil companies reduce Sulfur in fuel along with many places now selling fuel with up to 10% Ethanol. Sulfur was a natural lubricant. Ethanol does not offer any lubrication either.

Kool,

I too suggest your use Redline as well cuz it offers more cleaning cabilities including an upper cyliner lube as well.

In addition I would put in a new air filter to make sure you get the besr air flow.

Everything else you seem to be doing the right thing.

Have a good trip cuz gas prices is going up so get in your vaca early.

Durango

If it has been awhile, consider an alignment by a shop that specializes in alignments. A new set of shocks might also be a good idea, go for one grade over the lowest cost. The most expensive shocks usually stiffen up the ride too much. Alignment improves gas mileage, lengthens tire life, and makes driving for long distances more enjoyable, and less tiresome.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
No additives needed; enjoy the trip.

Agree 1000%
cheers3.gif

Going to be going on a 6000+ mile trip this summer and will just drive the car. No additives or special oils needed.

Bill

IMO I would add redline fuel additive in the tank a week or so before filling up for the trip. Get every thing clean then youll burn 100% fuel on the trip.
thats what i'd do,,,but Ive been wrong before.

have a good & safe trip.

I just took a 2,000 mile trip and used Lucas the whole way.
I'll never buy it again. It actually got worse!
I wish I used 2 stroke oil or MMO instead.
MMO is cheap and a good thing to add to the fuel for a bunch of reasons.
You may want to run an injector cleaner through the tank first, then use MMO on the subsequent ones. This is a good plan.

I'm newly registered on here, long time lurker. I've used MMO for years (gas and oil) and haven't been let down yet. Sure doesn't hurt and my mileage is always better with MMO in the tank. As dry as modern gasoline is with all of the detergents, have a UCL is a good thing anyway - plus it does some mild cleaning as well as lubricating the fuel pump all at the same time.

The somewhat recent popularity of TCW-3 is well founded - seems to work very good too. I just use MMO because I can use it for gas and oil. If not for that, then I would use TCW-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back