Go to funeral or not?

I still don't know who died. The new wife i assume based on the use of tense...

Me, i would go if my granddaughter or daughter wanted me to, wouldn't if they did not... as long as my presence wasn't going to cause problems.

I wouldn't go unless my granddaughter asked me to go. If your daughter isn't going, I'd sit this one out. I wouldn't go to my ex-wife's funeral unless my kids asked me to go. I don't even know if my daughter would go to her mother's funeral.

I doubt your daughter should go unless it was an unusual type of relationship / friendship with these two couples - that's going to possibly be weird or awkward. That goes double if this lady was the home wrecker.

In case my prior replies were confusing or unclear you should respect whatever wishes your granddaughter has about it. If you go it is for her... nobody else based on what you've said about the relationship.

The only case in which i would not honor your granddaughters wishes is if there is some thing she is unaware of that's going to cause a disruption and thus an increase in her stress rather than a decrease.

Funerals are never easy. A funeral around a holiday can be a very painful memory that reoccurs every year. Your granddaughter will always remember how it made her fell that you were there with her for support. There’s no replacement for good memories.

Funerals are never easy. A funeral around a holiday can be a very painful memory that reoccurs every year. Your granddaughter will always remember how it made her fell that you were there with her for support. There’s no replacement for good memories.
Christmas was pretty much a non event while I was a child growing up with my parents. My grandfather, my Dad's dad, died on Christmas Day of appendicitis. My Dad was just five or six years old at the time but never forgot that day.

So, one more time. Go.

Scott

Service is set for 11:00 AM Dec 30th. Granddaughter is picking me up and driving my vehicle.

I was wrong-the Step Mother was only 33 years old. Never know when your number will be pulled up.

My house cleaning lady is supposed to pick up a sympathy card tomorrow for me. I don't care to drive anymore, in my old age.
Will stuff in some $ and pay respects.

I went to the funeral and all went well. The ex-son-in-law thanked me for showing up too. Said it was much appreciated.
Not like we are strangers, we both go to Granddaughter's softball games, so we see each other now and then.

It was a military funeral with shooting of the guns. Granddaughter and her 3 little Brothers were all presented with the fired blank casings. They all loved that and it was touching.

Hillbilly: I'm retired and have never associated with marketing or HR. Why would you even ask that in this thread?:rolleyes:

I went to the funeral and all went well. The ex-son-in-law thanked me for showing up too. Said it was much appreciated.
Not like we are strangers, we both go to Granddaughter's softball games, so we see each other now and then.

It was a military funeral with shooting of the guns. Granddaughter and her 3 little Brothers were all presented with the fired blank casings. They all loved that and it was touching.

Hillbilly: I'm retired and have never associated with marketing or HR. Why would you even ask that in this thread?:rolleyes:

Because myself, along with probably 90% of the other people that read your OP, had no idea who died. Sorry, but those two sectors of the working world today can't explain that a Coke bottle cap is red if their life depended on it, that's all.

Because myself, along with probably 90% of the other people that read your OP, had no idea who died. Sorry, but those two sectors of the working world today can't explain that a Coke bottle cap is red if their life depended on it, that's all.
No problem, Brother! I'm not the best with words.

So obviously I was never in marketing or HR...LOL. (y)

Back