Go back to 5W20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first year Mazda3 has always had 5-20 and runs flawlessly. IMO flow in startup and on cold mornings is more important than high temps here in Rochester. The car is basically a very cheap piece of work, and the body will disintegrate long before the engine shows any significant wear. Reliability of things like wheel bearings and suspension parts has been poor, not to mention the poorly protected body parts, but the engine has been great.

Originally Posted By: kcfx4
dermapaint, im a bit fearful of running edge in my f150 as its "thin" and i use the truck, but im thinking edge for all the rest once i deplete my M1 stock. and yes its all in my head
wink.gif

I hear ya. After using Edge 0W20 for a little over a year now, I'd say the fear is unwarranted. BUT, use what makes you comfortable! Maybe in time you'll give it a shot and see for yourself. Remember you can always toss a bottle or two of Edge 5W30 into the mix, LOL.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Conrad
My first year Mazda3 has always had 5-20 and runs flawlessly. IMO flow in startup and on cold mornings is more important than high temps here in Rochester. The car is basically a very cheap piece of work, and the body will disintegrate long before the engine shows any significant wear. Reliability of things like wheel bearings and suspension parts has been poor, not to mention the poorly protected body parts, but the engine has been great.

Thanks Conrad. It's encouraging to know that 5W20 works well for you. I did buy lots of 5W20 for my stash so I guess I'll just keep using it with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back