GM Unveils New Logo

Unlike most here, I actually buy GM products and have not seen a GM badge on them for decades …
A lot of people on this site own and drive GM vehicles, myself included. They last used the GM logo on their vehicles from 2004-2009.

not the brightest marketing idea

in other news burger king has changed their current logo of over 20 years to an even older old logo that they previously used in the 70s and 80s.

Last edited:
Maybe GM (or is it gm now) saw what Kia was doing and followed suit?

Kia has a new logo as well.

As a former Marine that served in Viet Nam the name KIA always brings up killed in action KIA.
It's disturbing.

Virtue Signaling as would be expected. I’ve always found that when companies try to change their image through things like this it’s an act of desperation ☹️
This 100%. When GM started putting the GM insignia on vehicle fenders/doors from 2004-2009, GM did that to lure people back to the GM brands. They did this because GM was starting to lose a lot of market share in the early 2000’s and this was thought of as an idea to bring people back. The marketing strategy was to get people to think the insignia meant “quality”. And the message GM wanted to project was that no matter which GM product you bought, Chevy Aveo, or Cadillac Escalade, eg. they are all built with the same GM quality.

It was discontinued in 2009 and it was revealed that GM spent several millions of dollars applying those GM stickers on the sides of vehicles.

Are you saying they were on all vehicles?
I’m surprised if you wouldn’t already know this as a GM enthusiast. But yes, 2007-2009 they all had the insignia on the side of the vehicles. From 2004-2006 it was only on the newly designed vehicles.

Remember GM’s marketing slogan starting in 2004 dubbed “American REVolution?” All the newly designed products got the GM insignia first.

I’m surprised if you wouldn’t already know this as a GM enthusiast. But yes, 2007-2009 they all had the insignia on the side of the vehicles. From 2004-2006 it was only on the newly designed vehicles.

Remember GM’s marketing slogan starting in 2004 dubbed “American REVolution?” All the newly designed products got the GM insignia first.
Had one in that period … It had the brand, model, & trim level … no GM badge …
On 2nd thought … have always avoided new market entries …

Logo looks fine to me.

It going to cost tons of money to ripple through everything.

Never once worked with a marketing team that wasn't begging to "rebrand the company" such an endeavor keeps them really busy.
everything from brochures to t shirts, to parts, to web pages, commercials now has to be reworked.

In the end does your perception of GM change because of the logo? - or does the product change your perception?

Logo looks fine to me.

It going to cost tons of money to ripple through everything.

Never once worked with a marketing team that wasn't begging to "rebrand the company" such an endeavor keeps them really busy.
everything from brochures to t shirts, to parts, to web pages, commercials now has to be reworked.

In the end does your perception of GM change because of the logo? - or does the product change your perception?
It may have gone largely unnoticed … but ExxonMobil ditched the all caps EXXON from the pumps. At the merger … the new company logo adopted Helvetica font … which is what Mobil had. One could assume they already planned to lean on the Mobil lubricant line …

Resembles the Facebook avatar to me. Same color palate, similar curving to the font. The shortened, underlined m strikes me as pointless.

I always wondered if logo researchers peer forward in time to see what kind of "art" they can someday, cleverly warp a design into.

Make the underline a lift. Make the m a car and make the g a mechanic.

Believe it or not I lived in a large house with, you guessed it, graphic designers. .....so I know what I'm talking about (ahem)

To Trav: We've been sold out, lied to, lulled by "lifestyle"(got REAL lazy). We don't demand facts or look at voting records of representatives.
Not only did we cut our throats with our tongues, we appear to have no saturation point for listening to garbage.

Would this count as a rant? If so, rant over.

The “g” is a gas nozzle and only the “m” being underlined is an electrical plug.

It may have gone largely unnoticed … but ExxonMobil ditched the all caps EXXON from the pumps. At the merger … the new company logo adopted Helvetica font … which is what Mobil had. One could assume they already planned to lean on the Mobil lubricant line …

Several Exxon stations in my area have changed to Mobil in the past year or so. A few Arco stations have also rebranded as Mobil so my impression is that Mobil is the brand name going forward.

Several Exxon stations in my area have changed to Mobil in the past year or so. A few Arco stations have also rebranded as Mobil so my impression is that Mobil is the brand name going forward.
I’m seeing Mobil stations return both east and west of us in cities larger than us … we have Exxon only …

Free choice

Kind of old News, Honda made a deal to use GMs Ultiam battery and engine tech.

The coachwork will likely be the same - the "skateboard" will be GM.

Im surprised anyone made a deal with GM without any evidence of how good or bad their tech is.

Kind of old News, Honda made a deal to use GMs Ultiam battery and engine tech.

The coachwork will likely be the same - the "skateboard" will be GM.

Im surprised anyone made a deal with GM without any evidence of how good or bad their tech is.
GM and Honda have a long history of sharing each other’s technologies.

The Hondas and Acuras will be of their own design – they can probably have all OTA-updatability in the world ;-)
They're generally all doing the same anyway, except for the platforms with range extenders. Ultium II in the pipelines...

For the moment they need not compete with many imports, Ultium II will.