GM Unveils New Logo

Reminds me of the "General Mills" Logo for some reason...
YES! I was racking my brain trying to remember what it reminded me of. That's it. I prefer the more recent GM logo but this is inoffensive enough i guess. Not a fan but don't hate it either.

DETROIT – General Motors is debuting a new marketing campaign as part of the company’s comprehensive efforts to accelerate mass adoption of electric vehicles. The “Everybody In” campaign is a call to action meant to reflect a movement that’s inclusive and accessible. The company is also evolving its brand identity as GM transforms itself to deliver on a vision that creates a world with zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.”

🤮

wow groundbreaking logo!
GM_Brandmark_2021_blue.jpg

Unlike most here, I actually buy GM products and have not seen a GM badge on them for decades …

Does anyone make purchase decisions because of a company logo? Certainly, Mercedes’ logo became a popular item in certain circles, but beyond that, has a GM logo sold a car since the Olds “Rocket” in the 40s and 50s?

In my opinion GM makes mediocre vehicles.
The logo is awful.
And i'm sure they will find a way to make mediocre EV's as usual.
But the faithful will line up to buy them.

The faithful think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I like OLD Chevy.. and Ford.. brands I'm partial to. EVERY brand will have people loyal to them, and incensed when their brand gets put down, side-swiped, whatever.

But GM looks like they want a Twitter logo.

Not good.

How long until FCA or Ford buys GM
When gas hits $5 a gallon its over. I don't know where they find these morons, honestly here we cant even keep the friggin lights on never mind plug a car in with any sort of reliability yet some are pushing for an all EV fleet.
How about a degree program on how to totally ruin your country in 50 years and have the rest of the world laugh their arses off.

Resembles the Facebook avatar to me. Same color palate, similar curving to the font. The shortened, underlined m strikes me as pointless.

I always wondered if logo researchers peer forward in time to see what kind of "art" they can someday, cleverly warp a design into.

Make the underline a lift. Make the m a car and make the g a mechanic.

Believe it or not I lived in a large house with, you guessed it, graphic designers. .....so I know what I'm talking about (ahem)

To Trav: We've been sold out, lied to, lulled by "lifestyle"(got REAL lazy). We don't demand facts or look at voting records of representatives.
Not only did we cut our throats with our tongues, we appear to have no saturation point for listening to garbage.

Would this count as a rant? If so, rant over.