GM parts delays - 19 days and counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
The parts most likely come from subcontractors that were not on strike.

The problem is most parts have to go through a GM parts distribution center (PDC), and those are staffed by the UAW. Some things do direct ship from the actual manufacturer, but most things go through one or more of the PDCs before they reach dealerships. A lot of the time GM has the parts somewhere, but they can't seem to move them from A to B. Month long delays are common now.

Originally Posted by Kira
BlakeB: Please name this dealer who you love and can't make anything happen for 3 weeks.

The parts delay isn't their fault.

GM corporate and the UAW should both be ashamed of themselves. What an embarrassing way to run a company. And it's the dealerships who have to try to explain this nonsense to angry customers.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
The problem is most parts have to go through a GM parts distribution center (PDC), and those are staffed by the UAW. Some things do direct ship from the actual manufacturer, but most things go through one or more of the PDCs before they reach dealerships. A lot of the time GM has the parts somewhere, but they can't seem to move them from A to B. Month long delays are common now.

Ford is the same way. If there is an issue at the PDC it will get sent to the next closest and then go on backorder. There are some parts that regularly ship direct to the dealer from the vendor which end up taking about a week or so to come in. My door glass was one of those parts.

I called the dealership again and they said that some of my parts have shipped and some are still back ordered with no estimate on when they will get them. I called GM and filed a formal complaint, the woman I spoke with said a senior advisor would be in touch by possibly Wednesday or maybe Friday. She said "Have a great day and I hope it works out for you!" -_-

Originally Posted by BlakeB
I called the dealership again and they said that some of my parts have shipped and some are still back ordered with no estimate on when they will get them. I called GM and filed a formal complaint, the woman I spoke with said a senior advisor would be in touch by possibly Wednesday or maybe Friday. She said "Have a great day and I hope it works out for you!" -_-

I genuinely hope the complaint works out. When I have had customers call Ford or Mazda in similar situations, I end up getting a call from Ford or Mazda. They always ask why the parts haven't arrived and when I answer with "they are on back order, you tell me" they get mad and tell me I need to give the customer a better answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back