GM Engine Oil Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Just one question: Does it start up quiet?

I will answer with another question (NO harshness/animosity meant nor implied whatsoever, just hoping you know the answer
wink.gif
);

HOW does one tell the difference between regular, old, 'by design' early LS1 piston slap/wrist pin play, and carboned-up, sticking rings/ringland noise?????
21.gif

Of course it makes some racket until the pistons and oil are hot (it IS a pre-2005 LSx after all), but it is very slight after that point.

Here's my take after killing dozens of LS style motors. If it starts up with true piston slap it will disappear in seconds. Worst engine we ever had took a full minute to quiet down. Then it would make a bit of noise if you revved it as the rpms dropped to idle. Otherwise quiet.

My oldest motor had gotten quite noisy at startup. With 400k miles I was planning a rebuild soon. Put 2 cups Kreen in the oil and 2 cups in the gas. I could tell a difference in half an hour! Ran it for a couple days and changed the oil/filter. It now sounds almost like a new motor! Startup noise down by more than 95%!!!

But Steve how could that be? How? LOL
smile.gif

Glad it worked for you, keep us updated.

I am not a Kreen salesman. But the stuff works.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Just one question: Does it start up quiet?

I will answer with another question (NO harshness/animosity meant nor implied whatsoever, just hoping you know the answer
wink.gif
);

HOW does one tell the difference between regular, old, 'by design' early LS1 piston slap/wrist pin play, and carboned-up, sticking rings/ringland noise?????
21.gif

Of course it makes some racket until the pistons and oil are hot (it IS a pre-2005 LSx after all), but it is very slight after that point.

Here's my take after killing dozens of LS style motors. If it starts up with true piston slap it will disappear in seconds. Worst engine we ever had took a full minute to quiet down. Then it would make a bit of noise if you revved it as the rpms dropped to idle. Otherwise quiet.

My oldest motor had gotten quite noisy at startup. With 400k miles I was planning a rebuild soon. Put 2 cups Kreen in the oil and 2 cups in the gas. I could tell a difference in half an hour! Ran it for a couple days and changed the oil/filter. It now sounds almost like a new motor! Startup noise down by more than 95%!!!

I am not a Kreen salesman. But the stuff works.

^^^Sounds like something I MUST try at the next OCI !!!

THANKS!
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back