GM and Honda forming a Strategic Alliance

Tesla is a great American company. It is great, at least to me, to see an American company disrupting, and now leading the world.
This is a reason I chose to support them, to be an early adopter. I will buy another one day.

Succeeding in spite of the obstacles, the naysayers and especially their own mistakes is a purely "only in America" story.
Pretty sure the cars occasionaly explode and Musk wants to keep feature and packages behind paywall "updates" and move features to recurring payments like a Netflix account. Yep, pure capitlist American greed. Lets not worship companies when their only interest is making money. Tesla is no more "American" than any other company pursuing profits at all costs. Musk has some spooky history going back to his paypal/ebay days and where all his money was coming from initially. World isn't what is seems. There is a reason Musk posted a photo of an owl. but hey pretending world is just peachy is exactly why things are the way they are.

Pretty sure the cars occasionaly explode and Musk wants to keep feature and packages behind paywall "updates" and move features to recurring payments like a Netflix account. Yep, pure capitlist American greed. Lets not worship companies when their only interest is making money. Tesla is no more "American" than any other company pursuing profits at all costs. Musk has some spooky history going back to his paypal/ebay days and where all his money was coming from initially. World isn't what is seems. There is a reason Musk posted a photo of an owl. but hey pretending world is just peachy is exactly why things are the way they are.

Worship is quite a leap from admiration.

If all Tesla cared about were were profit then they'd be building their North American destined cars in Mexico like the other automakers.

Some things are what they seem.

I guess I am not sure where you are getting your information from.
It is true that some of the content on the Infotainment system is $9 per month after the 1st year.
Lexus has a similar system; the Tesla system is far superior.
As far as making money, that is the exact economic purpose of a for profit company.

Tesla took over the NUMMI plant (GM Toyota) in Fremont, CA. This is less than 15 miles form my home.
They hired back a lot of displaced auto workers. More than 10,000 currently people work there.
They are shipping cars all over the world.

Yes, they are a great American company, leading the world in the EV market.
By the way, our 1965 Olds 4-4-2 was made at the Fremont plant.
My trusty 1993 Toyota 4WD PickUp was made there. It is still in service.
And our Model 3.

More Honda/GM EV projects announced.

“GM and Honda Will Codevelop Affordable EVs Targeting the World’s Most Popular Vehicle Segments

General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Honda (NYSE: HMC) today announced plans to expand the two companies’ relationship to a new chapter by codeveloping a series of affordable electric vehicles based on a new global architecture using next-generation Ultium battery technology.

The companies are working together to enable global production of millions of EVs starting in 2027, including compact crossover vehicles, leveraging the two companies’ technology, design and sourcing strategies. The companies will also work toward standardizing equipment and processes to achieve world-class quality, higher throughput and greater affordability. The compact crossover segment is the largest in the world, with annual volumes of more than 13 million vehicles.”

Back