Giant rims and maintenance considerations

Giant rims may be even more important than led lights if you want your car to be mistaken for something younger. I decided on 22" rims to replace the stock 16", so now it actually looks like a car from the future.

Some online experts state giant rims will break your car, citing increased rotational mass making your engine and tranny work harder while stressing suspension components.

I have an ecu tuner to correct the speedometer, do double the recommended fluid changes with good stuff. Is there anything else to recommend? I am thinking I should replace suspension components with aftermarket upgrades.

Bigger is better. :D
00J0J_eVggkqvRHeX_1200x900.jpg

You can't work your way out of the increased rotational mass problem. It just is.

I test drove an Acura TSX with regular wheels and a special edition which had larger wheels. I liked the special edition except for the ride - which had become jittery and nervous. I didn't notice a big improvement in handling, but then I was just driving normally on residential roads.

My only suggestion would be to reconsider those bigger wheels. About 17" is a good compromise for most cars.

Giant rims may be even more important than led lights if you want your car to be mistaken for something younger. I decided on 22" rims to replace the stock 16", so now it actually looks like a car from the future.

Some online experts state giant rims will break your car, citing increased rotational mass making your engine and tranny work harder while stressing suspension components.

I have an ecu tuner to correct the speedometer, do double the recommended fluid changes with good stuff. Is there anything else to recommend? I am thinking I should replace suspension components with aftermarket upgrades.
Slave to fashion ?

Back