Ghost Gunner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460
Here is where you keep tripping up. According the U.S. Department of Justice, federal law does not require universal background checks on private sales in ANY state. Federal law supersedes state law in all 50 states. The law may as well not exist. Because you cannot be arrested for something the Federal government allows in every state in the Union. It can't and won't hold up. Anymore than if your state passed a law stating you did not have to pay Federal income tax would. It's as meaningless as if it didn't exist. You're arguing about nothing. Not that it's any surprise.

States always make their own gun laws up an above the federal laws. You got a link to this federal law? I'm just telling you what the laws are in WA. If you don't like it call the FBI or whoever and tell them WA is stepping on their toes.

Slippery Slope here guys.
Feds or States Rights?
Many states have passed so called nullification laws. Basically saying any firearm manufactured and sold within that States Border does not fall under any Fed Law.
Nullification is a tough road per the Supreme Court. States tried it in the 50's and 60's over segregation. Who knows? You have States openly flaunting new State marijuana laws....blatantly defying the Federal Law.....flipping the bird at the Feds. Many States passed laws saying ObamaCare was illegal. Now we are fighting over bathrooms and unfortunates who do not know what is between their legs.
Bottom line for me anyway...is I have always followed the law. Both Fed/State.
I have lived and worked in Texas, California and Massachusetts. Also live in England for many years. So I know a thing about "liberal" policies as they relate to firearms (and the stupidity thereof).....Just thankful I am back home in Texas .....

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
States always make their own gun laws up an above the federal laws.

And how many people are in jail for disobeying them? The New York Safe Act is just one example. It has set records for non compliance. To date no one has been even charged, let alone prosecuted. To give you yet another. The Federal government allows the possession of 30 round magazines. Many states do not. Do you know anyone, or have you read or heard of anyone anywhere currently doing time for possession of a 30 round magazine? It's all nonsense. If you waste this much time worrying about this type of silly stuff, it makes me wonder what you do when you have a real problem?

States always make their own gun laws up an above the federal laws.

And how many people are in jail for disobeying them? The New York Safe Act is just one example. It has set records for non compliance. To give you yet another. The Federal government allows the possession of 30 round magazines. Many states do not. Do you know anyone, or have you read or heard of anyone anywhere currently doing time for possession of a 30 round magazine? It's all nonsense. If you waste this much time worrying about this type of silly stuff, it makes me wonder what you do when you have a real problem?

Listen ... the first thing you can do is stop with the little personal attack comments. I'm just showing what the laws are here, and you can take it as you like, but leave ME out of it - I didn't write the freaking law. Have a discussion without the snide remarks, or don't have one at all.

I didn't mean it as an "attack". But rather a serious question. I don't understand your pettiness in regards to all of this. It's just plain silly. I have given you examples why.

I didn't mean it as an "attack". But rather a serious question. I don't understand your pettiness in regards to all of this. It's just plain silly. I have given you examples why.

Guess you don't really get it. I simply showed the law ... yet you come across like I should just ignore stuff like this because it's something you would do. I don't ignore laws, regardless if I have to go to court to prove the law is bogus or not (last thing I'd want to do) ... so what's it to you, really. I'll do what I want, you do what you want. If I sold a firearm I would still ensure paperwork was done to remove the association of that gun from me - that's my choice, not yours.

Guess you don't really get it. I simply showed the law ... yet you come across like I should just ignore stuff like this because it's something you would do. I don't ignore laws, regardless if I have to go to court to prove the law is bogus or not (last thing I'd want to do) ... so what's it to you, really. I'll do what I want, you do what you want. If I sold a firearm I would still ensure paperwork was done to remove the association of that gun from me - that's my choice, not yours.

No, you're not just... "showing the law". You're totally paranoid about it. You just proved it yet again. We get it. You can stop now.

ZeeoSix - I outlined the differences in the States' approaches to this, while you showed the law in Washington State.

That law, which you're so adamantly defending, and to which you keep referring as "The Law" really doesn't apply to the rest of us.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
ZeeoSix - I outlined the differences in the States' approaches to this, while you showed the law in Washington State.

That law, which you're so adamantly defending, and to which you keep referring as "The Law" really doesn't apply to the rest of us.

Did I say it applied to the 'rest of you'? I'm just telling you guys what the written law is here in WA since initially nobody believed that such a law even existed. And I'm not trying to 'defend' anything. I gave the link to the states website and you can read it for yourself. Where the [censored] do you get the idea I'm 'defending' it ... I'm just telling you what the law is ... period.

No, you're not just... "showing the law". You're totally paranoid about it. You just proved it yet again. We get it. You can stop now.

LoL ... why would I be 'paranoid' about a law like that. Actually, you don't get it, and you obviously just want and like to argue ... so it's you that needs to stop your nonsense.

LoL ... why would I be 'paranoid' about a law like that. Actually, you don't get it, and you obviously just want and like to argue ... so it's you that needs to stop your nonsense.
All you can do is shake your head. To recap. If you sell a gun that you built that's perfectly legal to sell you're stupid because the ATF is rouge and want nothing better than nail you for anything they can make up on you. If you follow the law in your state to the letter you're paranoid.
50.gif

Originally Posted By: hatt
If you sell a gun that you built that's perfectly legal to sell you're stupid because the ATF is rouge and want nothing better than nail you for anything they can make up on you.

For someone who has exactly zero experience in dealing with the ATF, you sure enjoy running your mouth about it. Feel free to tell us more about what you don't know.

If you sell a gun that you built that's perfectly legal to sell you're stupid because the ATF is rouge and want nothing better than nail you for anything they can make up on you.

For someone who has exactly zero experience in dealing with the ATF, you sure enjoy running your mouth about it. Feel free to tell us more about what you don't know.
Why would I be concerned with the ATF? I know the laws. I'm not a dealer. I don't do questionable stuff. Absolutely no worries for me even though I'd like to see the ATF dissolved. If you're an FFL that keeps sloppy paperwork or pushes the limits you might need to be concerned. But why you do doesn't effect me in the least.

Why would I be concerned with the ATF? I know the laws.....

Absolutely. I'm sure with your vast Internet experience on gun laws, you'll just impress the living he!! out of them. You'll have them quaking in their boots, with the tremendous array of knowledge and experience you possess. I wouldn't be surprised after talking to you, and having you set them straight, they would recommend you for a position as an agent! After apologizing for bothering you in the first place, of course. I mean let's face it, what are the chances that any of them have ever come up against a guy of your caliber and expertise?
crackmeup2.gif

LOL. All these silly posts because you couldn't admit you were wrong, or simply drop the issue, about the legalities of selling a homemade gun.

Last edited:
LOL.

The term a 20 something millennial cannot make a post without using.
LOL. I wish I were a 20 something. In any event. Another post from you not relevant to the subject matter.

billt460. Answer yes or no. Is it technically legal for a private citizen to make an AR15 from a piece of aluminum?

Last edited:
Serious question. And it's a simply yes or no. I don't need a 3 paragraph dissertation. Have you ever dealt with, or spoken to an ATF agent in your life regarding ANY of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back