Sold 2 More Today, And A Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin knows a part time sheriff's deputy friend (and works with him at the plastics plant) that has been looking to buy a new or used AR-15, depending on the price. My cousin knew I was selling mine, so we met at my outdoor range in my dads back yard to shoot at some paper. He bought one of each, an AR-15 and an AR-10 (I built them from 80% name brand 80% lowers https://www.80-lower.com/). Each one had less than 200 rds. thru each of them. He has been trying to set this up for awhile now but my leg has been giving me so much trouble it wasn't possible until today.
Mr. policeman asked us a Q? about AR-15's. He asked, if we had $1K-$1200 and were looking to buy a new AR-15, would we buy a BCM, or 2 AR-15's to total $1K-$1200? I said a S&W Sport II and another Ruger, but a MPR 556. My cousin said a BCM, or a Daniel Defense. Mr. policeman WAS going to buy a BCM if he had not bought the 2 from me.
What would you buy, a BCM, or 2-AR's totaling up to $1200?
confused2.gif

Build the PSA using their premium parts . They will be about as good as good can get. Top notch.

Originally Posted by hatt
I can build two sweet PSA ARs for $1200ish so that's what I'd do.

You and CT8 are thinking along the same lines as I did.
I used my cousins brothers 80% jig set to finish my 80% lowers. He bought it from 80% Lowers.
I bought complete uppers from PSA, with SS barrels for a couple of my builds. I also bought FAXON barrels, and other misc. items from PSA, BCM, and Brownell's, for the rest.
BCM makes some GREAT AR's, but there is NO WAY I would ever spend my money on a BCM AR!
You can probably build 2.5 AR-15's for their lowest priced AR-15 build ($1129).

BCM was nice years ago. Premium parts at somewhat reasonable prices when that was hard to come by. A Colt 6920 was $1100+ not all that long ago. That ship has sailed. Quality across the board is up and prices are down.

BCM was nice years ago. Premium parts at somewhat reasonable prices when that was hard to come by. A Colt 6920 was $1100+ not all that long ago. That ship has sailed. Quality across the board is up and prices are down.

What would you rather own, a BCM, or a 6920, both in the same price range?

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

Tough one. Probably Colt in identical configs. BCM midlenght vs 6920, probably BCM. I haven't been following what BCM has been doing over the last few years after they banned me from their Facebook page because I said something about one of their bearded, tatted up spokesdude coming out for antigun stuff.

Tough one. Probably Colt in identical configs. BCM midlenght vs 6920, probably BCM. I haven't been following what BCM has been doing over the last few years after they banned me from their Facebook page because I said something about one of their bearded, tatted up spokesdude coming out for antigun stuff.

Hatt, check this BCM AR-15 out. I think this is their lowest priced complete AR. It's not a bad price for all that it's built with. And, it's very comparable to the LE 6920. Opinions?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411551376

Mr policeman needs a reliable, high quality, properly assembled rifle, especially if he is going to use it as a patrol rifle.

My honest, best advice for him, as a tactical guru, former police officer, multi platform gun armorer, and huge gun guy, is to buy a quality, factory built rifle from Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM, Spikes Tactical or like manufacturers. Once you own a QUALITY gun, then yeah, start piecing together some parts guns for fun.

And to be honest, I spend a few days or more at the range every month, and home builds are NOT in the same league 90% of the time as a factory built rifle. I fix peoples guns almost every time I go to the range. At least once a month, I'm taking trigger groups out of home built AR15s to assemble them properly. People install the hammer spring backwards. And I can spot it from across the range.

As to favorite recommended rifle for police officers, I am of the opinion that the basic Colt 6720 pencil barrel carbine is the best patrol rifle in America, and should be in every cops cruiser. Highly recommended rifle. I'd pick a basic Spikes Tactical mid length over a similar BCM, personally.

Hatt, check this BCM AR-15 out. I think this is their lowest priced complete AR. It's not a bad price for all that it's built with. And, it's very comparable to the LE 6920. Opinions?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411551376
I'd take the Colt. Cost less and has a rear sight. The stripped Colt for $759 looks good too; add your own furniture and sight.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Mr policeman needs a reliable, high quality, properly assembled rifle, especially if he is going to use it as a patrol rifle.

My honest, best advice for him, as a tactical guru, former police officer, multi platform gun armorer, and huge gun guy, is to buy a quality, factory built rifle from Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM, Spikes Tactical or like manufacturers. Once you own a QUALITY gun, then yeah, start piecing together some parts guns for fun.

And to be honest, I spend a few days or more at the range every month, and home builds are NOT in the same league 90% of the time as a factory built rifle. I fix peoples guns almost every time I go to the range. At least once a month, I'm taking trigger groups out of home built AR15s to assemble them properly. People install the hammer spring backwards. And I can spot it from across the range.

As to favorite recommended rifle for police officers, I am of the opinion that the basic Colt 6720 pencil barrel carbine is the best patrol rifle in America, and should be in every cops cruiser. Highly recommended rifle. I'd pick a basic Spikes Tactical mid length over a similar BCM, personally.

He's not using them for work. I don't know what they're issued but I can find out. He bought them to shoot with his 2 sons at the range, you know, like a family thing where you have fun just plinking.

I bought my Colt 6920 and my FN M4 for not much more than your price range.

Would do it again, unless a real nice NOS colt 20" A2 upper and a NOS GM lower came along, with a USGI stock kit (just for fun).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back