Getting banned from Amazon for too many returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Customer Is Always Right". They should not set a limit on returns. I shop Amazon frequently and have been noticing there prices are increasing. I am a big bike rider and noticed that sale prices at Performance Bikes are actually cheaper than amazon. This was never the case before. IMO, Amazon has become a bit arrogant. I'm probably in the minority but believe that there will be a increase in the traditional brick and mortar stores.

Originally Posted By: albertson
"The Customer Is Always Right". They should not set a limit on returns. I shop Amazon frequently and have been noticing there prices are increasing. I am a big bike rider and noticed that sale prices at Performance Bikes are actually cheaper than amazon. This was never the case before. IMO, Amazon has become a bit arrogant. I'm probably in the minority but believe that there will be a increase in the traditional brick and mortar stores.

Finding better deals other places (including B &M ) than amazon is becoming quite common for me....

Just found today that Best Buy has an SD card I want that is cheaper by 4 bucks than on amazon..

Last edited:
Finding better deals other places (including B &M ) than amazon is becoming quite common for me....

Just found today that Best Buy has an SD card I want that is cheaper by 4 bucks than on amazon.. [/quote]

I agree and have many family/friends starting to return to the traditional stores. The one thing I hear and strongly disagree with is that the traditional brick and mortar stores will eventually all be closed to online retail.

I like reading the product reviews over on Amazon. Some of the negative gripes are legit, others are totally ridiculous. I always read the negative gripes first.

Slowly but surely the American trust and money in Amazon is starting to decline. The free shipping upped to $50 bucks is just the beginning. Lot's of "big talkers" online can quote and praise Amazon. But I have bought a number of different items for the same or even a little cheaper than Amazon. Some retailers have given in and will match price for price on the same item. But the fact is shipping pricing are increasing every year more and more with Amazon. The big introduction sale is up. And Amazon is H$ll bent on recouping all their free shifting items...........

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: tig1
I never buy on line, as I want to see what I am getting before the hassle of returning it.

Yeah, but what about the hassle of having to go to the store?
smile.gif

It's not a hassle when you go there for other things as well.

Fakes are on the increase at Amazon now. They have let overseas companies and sellers set up stores directly on Amazon bypassing the typical distribution system for more profit. The real items and the fakes are being commingled since they are being stored together in the same warehouses. Noticed on a lot of products now that a lot of reviews are from people that are either getting the item free, or at a big discount, and no those reviews are not from the Vine program.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Fakes are on the increase at Amazon now. They have let overseas companies and sellers set up stores directly on Amazon bypassing the typical distribution system for more profit. The real items and the fakes are being commingled since they are being stored together in the same warehouses. Noticed on a lot of products now that a lot of reviews are from people that are either getting the item free, or at a big discount, and no those reviews are not from the Vine program.

Another word for it is arbitrage, this is a nice article which elaborates. Capitalism at work. https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/278622

Last edited:
I've purchased from Amazon many times before. But coincidentally this order seems strange. I bought 2X Raybestos 580165 Advanced Technology Disc Brake Rotors and Raybestos ATD834C Advanced Technology Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set day before yesterday. Within 2 hours I get an email the pads had shipped. Then yesterday one rotor. Now today the last rotor is preparing for shipment. Whats strange is everything was in stock, but the order is going to trickle in over days. Usually i get it all at once if the products are in stock. I guess we will see.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
My wife got a "warning" from the customer service desk at Best Buy because she has returned too many things. They threatened that they may not accept returns from her in the future. Maybe if they quit selling junk that quits working we wouldn't have to make so many returns.

So why keep buying stuff from them?

Originally Posted By: albertson

Customer is not always right... and you can refuse service to anyone.

I just placed an order today for Amazon.
wink.gif

I've never had to return any items back to Amazon yet.

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3

Agreed, and that's one reason I don't buy willy nilly online, since returns are a hassle. Amazon doesn't need to spend a bunch of time processing returns any more than does Walmart or another brick and mortar store. I certainly understand that people would likely return more stuff to an online retailer than a brick and mortar one. After all, one gets a limited view of the product. One isn't actually physically choosing the product. One isn't actually physically inspecting the product.

That being said, that's why I'm careful about what I buy online. It had better be exactly what I want, and at a heck of a good price and/or only available that way. I don't want to have to mess around doing a return, free or not. Returns are a pain in the butt locally. I don't need to be repackaging items and firing them off at the post office and dealing with a bunch of correspondence around the matter.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Returns are a pain in the butt locally. I don't need to be repackaging items and firing them off at the post office and dealing with a bunch of correspondence around the matter.

At least here in the US, Amazon returns are stupid easy. Put the stuff back in the box it came in and have the UPS guy pick it up from your house the next day. It's way less hassle than having to return something to a B&M store, IMO.

IMO, online retailers do have to realize that customers may be returning more stuff than usual because of the inability to see/touch/inspect the product prior to purchase. They should factor it into their business case. Alas, there has to be a limit to everything.

Here, even the couriers are a little problematic. Each time I get something through any of the couriers (or Canada Post as a parcel), they only make one delivery attempt, or occasionally none with Canada Post, and just dump off a pickup slip, necessitating me to go to their plants out in the boonies or straight to the post office. Returning won't be any easier. I just tend to get stuff shipped to one of my businesses anyhow, since at least someone will be there to accept the order.

Online realtors certainly do have to expect more returns. The best they can do is to minimize them by having good product descriptions and quality products.

As an aside, compare these two product prices, from Amazon versus Amazon Canada. There's a reason I have to order stuff from the States.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
As an aside, compare these two product prices, from Amazon versus Amazon Canada. There's a reason I have to order stuff from the States.
wink.gif

And yet, there are only 3 left in stock on the Canadian site. Makes it sound as if they are selling out like hotcakes, even at this price.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3

About the only time I saw the "we can refuse services to anyone" is at the local tavern.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
And yet, there are only 3 left in stock on the Canadian site. Makes it sound as if they are selling out like hotcakes, even at this price.
smile.gif

That seller is just bizarre, too. They sell Dawn dish soap for something like $65 a bottle (not a case). I've come across some other stupid examples from other Amazon Canada retailers. The Pennzoil neon clocks that retail for roughly $140 in the States go for like $650 up here. What do some of these people do, just run a random number generator between their cost and 50,000% markup and go with whatever comes up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back