Getting banned from Amazon for too many returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
And I bet as long as you pay the return shipping cost they won't care how much you return.

I think they still do care because they won't sell a returned item as "new". It goes to their Warehouse Deals where they're going to sell it at a reduced price.

I never buy on line, as I want to see what I am getting before the hassle of returning it.

Maybe sure your wife goes to retail store and find what she really likes. Then go on Amazon and buy it for her.

No need for any returns.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I never buy on line, as I want to see what I am getting before the hassle of returning it.

Yeah, but what about the hassle of having to go to the store?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
any smart business owner would do the same thing.

+1

+1. A restocking fee is common, and since Amazon can no longer sell opened items as new (there's a section to buy previously opened items), they are taking a loss.

If something I get is damaged, I ask for a new one or a discount. It is rare that I've been asked to return anything. But I guess the power of big data is on my side in terms of knowing return rates.

Considering how Amazon treats its workers, we should all be rampantly abusing their return policy to teach them a lesson.

So, no, I nor the wife have not received any "warning", but we aren't shy to return junk on their dime either...

I can understand that on a few things. Like a TV or clothes, but I find in general buying on Amazon is a simpler lass hassle experience. I think ive been dissatisfied and returned maybe two or three things out of hundreds. They make returns pretty darn easy, no more hassle than going back to the store unless it's a bulky fragile item. I hate retail stores, unless they're small mom and pop places.

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Considering how Amazon treats its workers, we should all be rampantly abusing their return policy to teach them a lesson.

Hi Keyboard commander, have you been outside your hovel in the last 365 days? I was wondering, what makes a person work at walmart and stay at walmart? Is it because they like it there? Is it because they get paid? Is it because they are inherently happy to do so? Deep thoughts, good day to you cave dweller.

Amazon's price's fluctuate, so use a tracker like camelcamelcamel... I only return when things don't meet expectations or defective/damaged. Usually the latter, as I try an not buy "cheapie" things.

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3
Amazon's price's fluctuate, so use a tracker like camelcamelcamel...

On some items, Amazon prices fluctuate so often (multiple times per day) that CCC can't keep up.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
It's like getting thrown out of an all you can eat smorgasbord because you went back ten times to load up on shrimp.

Not really...all you can eat is all you can eat...Amazon doesn't advertise endless returns...

But they don't tell you there is a limit, either. If there is a limit on returns they should say so up front.

If your nickel and diming... I don't have the time, nor patience to track prices all-day. A quick camel and Google check let's me know ballpark price/deal. Honestly amazon's pricing for the most part is just okay... but it sure is convenient and hassle-free.

Originally Posted By: John_K
If there is a limit on returns they should say so up front.

The problem with this approach is that knowing the limit, people can potentially start returning more stuff than they would have otherwise. If you don't know the limit, you tend to be more cautious with your return activity.

I have bought a lot of stuff from Amazon but never returned anything.
Once got a package of liked items close but not as described (fishing lures, several packs of the same lures). I emailed, was told to keep em and they sent the correct items (correct colors).
I like I can Christmas shop from the recliner, get things I wanted when I wasn't well able to from a surgery, and items not easy to find locally.

I just sent back some shoes as they were too small. Got the refund back within 24 hrs, as soon as UPS scanned the return label. I've had other smaller less expensive items that they just said keep it and they refund the money.

My wife got a "warning" from the customer service desk at Best Buy because she has returned too many things. They threatened that they may not accept returns from her in the future. Maybe if they quit selling junk that quits working we wouldn't have to make so many returns.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I just sent back some shoes as they were too small. Got the refund back within 24 hrs, as soon as UPS scanned the return label. I've had other smaller less expensive items that they just said keep it and they refund the money.

I've purchased shoes that way on Amazon before. IIRC, there was a blurb about how if a shoe was the wrong size, to return it on their dime. So that's what I did. Bought two pairs and returned one. Ended up buying an additional two pairs of the correct size. In that case, their eating the return made them more money.

If people were reasonable, banning wouldn't need to happen. Sadly people are selfish for the most part, so companies need to impose restrictions to avoid the worst of the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back