Germans Defeat Ethanol

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/03/german-buyer-strike-stops-ethanol/

I'd like to see this happen here! Ethanol-free premium is available at many stations. We don't have anything like the ADAC to inform and unite drivers though.

Now that regular gas is up to $1.20 a liter the extra cost for premium - ten cents per liter - is only 8%. I think I'll go back to it on my next fill. I was using it for awhile when it was only six cents a liter extra, but gave up when the price difference went to ten cents. I regret ever purchasing gas with ethanol considering I had the option not to.

So up there it isn't required? I know it is really hard in the US to find regular gasoline. I just don't see the benefit of CORN ethanol. If it were switch grass maybe but corn is wrong.

Thanks for the web link! I sure hope E10 goes the way of gasohol from the 70's! It wreaks havoc on older cars and equipment. Heck, I'd even be happy with a comprise where they atleast allow premium (91,93 octane etc) to be pure gas and the lower grades E10. It would be a start and I'd have a choice!

Haha. I just went and looked at the list for my state just for the heck of it and was surprised to see a couple stations listed. I doubt the accuracy of the list for my state as E10 is mandated by law for all octane grades here. If they are truly selling 100% gas at those stations they are violating the law.

I wish we were not forced to run ethanol blended fuels. I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back