German Syntec at Canadian Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Fellow Canucks!

Today I have noticed 0W-30 red labelled Castrol at Canadian Tire in Brampton Steels?Main Shoppers World mall and it was on sale too $6.29 per litre,
oh and they have got Rotella SB 0W-40 too for $28.99 IIRC.

Nice! Did you buy out the whole supply or did you leave some for me?
smile.gif

Patman, the Canadian Tire (North end of city) by my house has about 20 litres of GERMAN 0w30. Let me know if your stock requires replenishing.

quote:

Originally posted by Asmodeus:
I'll go and check it out at my local CT. I'm already stocked up for now (thanks to Wallmart).

Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

Asmodeus,

I'm suspicious...in another thread you said you made your 328i "Castrol-free." Etiez-vous seulement essayer de fomenter des choses?

Paul

Paul,

I currently made my BMW Castrol Free, but this winter, it's Castrol in the Engine.

I think I'll PM you with the break-down. I can see how what I've written can lead to confusion.

quote:

Originally posted by Garry:
Patman, the Canadian Tire (North end of city) by my house has about 20 litres of GERMAN 0w30. Let me know if your stock requires replenishing.

My supply is just as big as theirs, I have 20L right now!
smile.gif
But with this sale on I'm very tempted to buy 10 more. I think I've convinced my dad to run it in his new 2004 Volvo so I'll need a bigger supply.

If this oil is now showing up at CT, it's more proof that it's here to stay. I know a lot of people (myself included) are afraid to run it since they think it'll disappear soon, but this doesn't seem to be the case now.

I don't mind going over kill and emptying both the Wallmart and CT. But how long can I store the oil?

Indefinitvely as long as it's sealed I take it?

Posted this in another thread but will post here too...for those in or near CSprings, the Autozone on 8th St (Cimarron) off of I25 has about four cases: lot #s TAG 785 1958 - 2001. (Unfortunately, there still are only two stores that have had it, but one of the clerks in a store that has never gotten any in, told me he would bug AZ corporate AGAIN to get some. He said I was the SECOND person in this morning looking for it. Alright, who's poaching in my territory?
grin.gif
) This is your warning as you never know when I'll be in a bull market mood for MORE GERMAN. It is a good thing the Patster and I live so far apart as the competition would be fierce...demand would stay high, however, increasing the chance Castrol will continue to import it.

[ August 30, 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Pscholte, don't worry, no one from Denver is raiding it. The green German brew has finally reached the Autozones here in the Mile High City. 2 of the 3 stores I called had it in stock.

Ok, this is where an oil-aholic really has to steady his nerves . . . . .
I know . . . I'll get my wife to hide the car keys and lock me in the basement until the temptation passes!
gr_stretch.gif

[ August 30, 2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Rexman ]

I'm just lucky I managed to sneak those new 8 bottles into the house and down into the oil shrine before my wife noticed I bought more oil!
smile.gif
I've got to stop now, I've got more than enough to last for a while.

Sealed motor oil has a shelf life of about 4-5 years.

I am officially nuts by the way. I went over to the CT at Shopper's World and bought 8 more L of this oil.
smile.gif
I can't resist a good sale.
smile.gif
I left behind only 5L, one of which someone opened (must've been sniffing it!)
smile.gif
They could have more in the back though.

It was interesting to note that all of the 0w30 they had was from the same batches I've gotten recently from my local Walmart, the one ending in 0607. So out of the 28L I have in my oil shrine now, most of it is from this batch.

My local Walmart did not stock up on the new 0w30 this week. They reorganized their oil section, and only have old 0w30 now. In fact, two of those bottles are super old 0w30, from at least 5 years ago or older, since it's the very old style skinnier bottle, and the label style is two styles previous! They also had some "Advanced Formula" Mobil 1 15w50 still there! This stuff is easily 5 years old too. So it's already older than I'd recommend using (based on Shell's recommendation on the shelf life of oil being 4-5 years)

What's the indications on the bottle's that it is the German manufactured oil? Is the label in German?

I understand that the oil color is green, is this true?

Finally, is the German Castrol better than Mobil 1 or Amsoil?

Thx

The back label says "Made in Germany" and "BMW Longlife" is included in the list of certifications. On the front label, the 0W30 icon is in red for German vs. yellow for USA made.

quote:

Originally posted by GoHack:
I understand that the oil color is green, is this true?

Finally, is the German Castrol better than Mobil 1 or Amsoil?

Thx

GoHack,

Joatman answered part 1; yes, it is green; for part 3 see my answer to your question in your thread on availability in Wash St.

quote:

Originally posted by Tommy2:
Yup, the Canadian tire next to my house just filled the shelf with the new 0w-30 german stuff.

0W30 right next door? How much do you want for your house?
grin.gif

The CT closest to my house was open today (even though it's labor day) so I popped out this morning to see if they have any 0w30 and they don't. They don't even have a spot on the shelf for it. This particular one sucks though, they even stopped carrying the K&N oil filter I use on my Firebird, but still sell the one for my wife's Honda (and it was on sale so I bought one today so it wasn't a wasted trip)
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back