Canadians - RTS 5W-40 now at Canadian Tire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 'huge' news, but just a heads up for Canadians.

For years, we've had Rotella 'SB' 0W-40 HDEO up here at C-T. I'm sure its a good oil, but it never really 'caught on' like RTS 5W-40 has in the US.

Was in a Canadian Tire last night, and found a shelf full of 4-litre jugs of the new RTS 5W-40 CJ-4/SM for $29.99 each. That is a pretty good price - $7.50/liter for a top-notch HDEO. The SB 0W-40 is $33.99 for 4 litres, and is still on the shelf. Both compare favourable to XD-3 0W-40; which is on the shelf at WM for $35.14 for 4 litres.

Lots of good UOA's have been posted for this oil in the UOA section here, and now we can enjoy that performance north of the border too!

Thanks... I just cleaned out my TSC about a month back when they had it on for this price... Gonna go to CTC and see if there is any left.

Works great in my '89 Cabriolet!

cheers3.gif

Too many 3 letter acronyms !! Usually one states the full name the first time and the acronym everytime afterwards to be effective.

What is RTS, TSC, SB ?
21.gif

RTS = 'Rotella 'T' Synthetic' - the designation for their 5W-40 HDEO oil.

SB = 'Synthetic Blend' - this is a weird one. Rotella 0W-40 is a FULL synthetic HDEO, but it is 'listed' on the Product Data Sheet with the Rotella 0W-30 and 10W-40 HDEO, and both of these are synthetic blends, so it is labelled Rotella 'SB' 0W-40.

TSC = Tractor Supply Centre, I think. Not very familiar with this store.....

Hey,

Sorry about that...

TSC is a store called Tractor Supply Co
CTC is a store called Canadian Tire (the last "C" is for corporation)
RTS is Rotella-T Synthetic (Made by Shell)
SB is Shell Brand/Bulk

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Hey,

Sorry about that...

TSC is a store called Tractor Supply Co
CTC is a store called Canadian Tire (the last "C" is for corporation)
RTS is Rotella-T Synthetic (Made by Shell)
SB is Shell Brand/Bulk

cheers3.gif

Sorry to contradict you, Stevie, but 'SB' stands for 'synthetic blend', as I said above. Its on Shell PDS's as this.....

Nothing more than the interpretation of a couple of letters could have vastly different meanings.

Everyone will get over it. Before you know it ..this thread will be 12 pages back....

.....oops
blush.gif

grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back