German public now favors extending life of Nuclear power plants

They're probably freezing over there. Lessen learned: Don't bite the hand of the guy providing you with natural gas.

I'm wondering why Germany is so hesitant to give tanks to Ukraine? Is that because of their dependency on Russian gas? We never did find out who blew up the Nordstream pipeline but it's hard to believe that Russia would blow up it's own moneymaker and it's sad that our media has no curiosity about the identity of the saboteur.

PS: If this post is deemed 'political' please delete it rather than locking the thread.

Germany's decision to phase-out nuclear while ramping up wind and solar, which are incapable of replacing nuclear, was utterly idiotic. The idea that they could also phase-out coal was abject fantasy. They've brought mothballed coal capacity back online, which has, understandably, caused public outrage because they have been sold this bill of goods on the "transition to renewables". It is shocking these folks that when the reactors are shuttered, they are replaced by coal.

Fear-mongering by green grifters to shutdown Germany's large and world-class nuclear fleet, leveraging an event caused by both a Tsunami (which Germany can't experience) and a regulator in the pocket of industry, is one of the greatest triumphs of ideology over reason ever perpetrated. This highlights the perception/reality paradox that is the German population, oft viewed abroad as driven by logic and reason to the point of detriment yet the reality is that emotion was easily leveraged to sell the romanticization of some perverse call-back to the simplicity of agrarianism (we'll depend on the sun and the wind; we'll depend on nature and it will be utopia) while advanced technology was demonized; cast as being unmanageable and dangerous, full of mystique and scientific woo and that it must be abandoned at all cost.

This is the result:
View attachment 137447
Should be published in a German newspaper ! Titled: Common Sense - Something the world is vastly lacking in these days. (y)

I'm wondering why Germany is so hesitant to give tanks to Ukraine? Is that because of their dependency on Russian gas? We never did find out who blew up the Nordstream pipeline but it's hard to believe that Russia would blow up it's own moneymaker and it's sad that our media has no curiosity about the identity of the saboteur.

PS: If this post is deemed 'political' please delete it rather than locking the thread.
There's plenty of money to be made from a self-induced action, when you're the only show in town. Simple supply & demand works here.

Who cares why when you are getting close to burning the furniture for heat.
I can't imagine sitting in a cold room, watching the fireplace almost go out, and then looking at the coffee table going like "yep, I'm going to break it up and throw it into the fireplace". What a sad state of affairs. I think the British are having worse issues with their heating bills 10x'ing recently. Europe got lucky with this mild winter and being able to stockpile enough gas to be safe, along with reduction measures.

I can't imagine sitting in a cold room, watching the fireplace almost go out, and then looking at the coffee table going like "yep, I'm going to break it up and throw it into the fireplace". What a sad state of affairs. I think the British are having worse issues with their heating bills 10x'ing recently. Europe got lucky with this mild winter and being able to stockpile enough gas to be safe, along with reduction measures.
I think this is more of a 1800's living in the city thing? I'm sure back then most major cities were heated with coal or wood and so had not many trees left within a 1 day cart horse trip, so if you couldn't afford to buy wood or coal you might start busting up the furniture to keep warm.

Now the bigger issue is that no one has a woodstove, or the tools to process it, especially if you live in a city. There's now quite a lot of wood waste around in most places, pallets and even arborists dumping trees, or trees in a rural road allowance. Germany , the UK, and most of europe is probably more treed now then ever in the last 300 years.

We all know who did it ;)

Imagine the optics of the German tanks - nazis in Leopard tanks fighting Russians in Ukraine. The last time it happened, things ended up very badly for the Germans.

The talk is to give them A6, which are prett ymodern. I'd prefer they get A4. Much more traditional look. Great synergy with the ukrainian "cossack cross", which on olive or camo background strikingly resembles a Balkenkreuz.

:unsure:

re: nuclear power:
I refrain from further commenting on this to prevent this thread from getting blocked, as invariably bad language, swear words and curses against the majority of media and against most of our countrie's political personnel some would be involved. I'll open a can of beer instead. German energy policy (as well as a lot of other german policy) is best tolerated when drunk.

Last edited:
By tomorrow ?

2D004DC6-BAFD-4AF1-A7D8-F21D081A2BFF.jpeg

Germany's decision to phase-out nuclear while ramping up wind and solar, which are incapable of replacing nuclear, was utterly idiotic. The idea that they could also phase-out coal was abject fantasy. They've brought mothballed coal capacity back online, which has, understandably, caused public outrage because they have been sold this bill of goods on the "transition to renewables". It is shocking these folks that when the reactors are shuttered, they are replaced by coal.

Fear-mongering by green grifters to shutdown Germany's large and world-class nuclear fleet, leveraging an event caused by both a Tsunami (which Germany can't experience) and a regulator in the pocket of industry, is one of the greatest triumphs of ideology over reason ever perpetrated. This highlights the perception/reality paradox that is the German population, oft viewed abroad as driven by logic and reason to the point of detriment yet the reality is that emotion was easily leveraged to sell the romanticization of some perverse call-back to the simplicity of agrarianism (we'll depend on the sun and the wind; we'll depend on nature and it will be utopia) while advanced technology was demonized; cast as being unmanageable and dangerous, full of mystique and scientific woo and that it must be abandoned at all cost.

This is the result:
View attachment 137447

Ban on fracking as well …

Ban on fracking as well …
But fracking is bad!
Does not hinder us from buying fracking gas from the US, though...

Just to add to the topic of big cat fashion: A4s also look great in desert colours, especially with goose-stepping troop around them anda band in field-grey uniforms playing himno de los blindados/Panzerlied. :love:

Last edited:
Likely of interest to many here. The German public is now overall in favor of extending Nuclear Power. Likely the key take away - italics my paraphrase - quote from the article - due to energy issues cause by the war in Ukraine "Previously, the majority of the public was in favor of the nuclear phaseout in the aftermath of the Fukushima disaster; now over 80% are in favor of extending the lifespan of Germany's existing nuclear reactors."

The tide is changing in California after 2 months of 4x the normal gas & power bills.

I'm not familiar with how pallet wood is treated but burning furniture or treated wood can release arsenic, formaldehydes, and other toxins into air.
American pallets generally only have two options: raw dog, or heat treated. Heat treated is required when shipping internationally so that bugs will be less likely to infest the wood. At least that’s what Global Food Safety Initiatives require.

We all know who did it ;)

Imagine the optics of the German tanks - nazis in Leopard tanks fighting Russians in Ukraine. The last time it happened, things ended up very badly for the Germans.
I recall reading that if an engine stopped overnight during winter fighting, they would pour gasoline into the crankcase to thin the oil enough to start it. There was no 0W in those days.

Here is Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. Germany, like many other places in Europe was operating in the self actualization range, but got hammered down to the lowest grouping which is Physiological needs.( warmth should have been added to its listing.)

It’s a heavy dose of reality.

5F71B439-BB44-4187-9740-262EABC9CA74.jpeg

Back