GED Fuels (for the non top-tier conniseur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us who don't use top-tier fuel because of accessibility or price, another tier of fuel is necessary. I propose another category called GED (Good Enough Da#$*t) fuel. The question is: What is your favorite (or must used) brand of fuel that is not blessed by the top tier echelon? Mine is Speedway and Kroger because of convenience, price and there are minimal top tier options on my way to work.

Krogier (As it might be called in Quebec), for the cents off per gallon based upon grocery purchases with card, or BP, for the unlimited 5% rebate we get on their card for their fuel, as well as only +.20/gallon added for premium, which the BMW likes, vs +.30/ gallon at many other brand stations.
Also Speedway, since there is one near to the house, there is always one in this area along any route you might take, and they often offer .05/gallon off with your Speedy Rewards Card, as well as eventual free fuel based upon purchases.

Conozaur for this connoisseur :)

I think it matters more on the area: how well standards are enforced. And how [un]lucky your particular vehicle is. A town car buddy contracts a driver who does Jiffy Lube every 5k and gets his gas at ARCO. Does not want to part with his unit even though it's pushing 600k as of last week.

Only Conoco branded Flying J on interstate travels. Unfortunately only a few of them are still Conoco branded, in some states none.

In town here I like Meijer fuel.

ohio sure does seem to lack a selection of the top tier fuels (other than a few shell stations). and i've lived in both corners of the state (cincy and cleveland).

i tend to go between bp and sunoco at home in cleveland. in cincy i frequented mobil gas stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back