GEARWRENCH 1/4" Drive 72 Tooth Quick Release Locking Flex Slim Head Ratchet, 12" - 81030 $22

Please school me on the utility for such a Iong handle for 5-14mm nuts which is all the 1/4 sizes. That's at most an 8mm bolt, A 6mm bolt with 10mm head. Way too much leverage and probably clumsy to boot. :cool:

Please school me on the utility for such a Iong handle for 5-14mm nuts which is all the 1/4 sizes. That's at most an 8mm bolt, A 6mm bolt with 10mm head. Way too much leverage and probably clumsy to boot. :cool:
Length would simply extend your reach and the ease of turning those smaller sizes would increase. Think of those rusty loctited bolts that would twist off real easy.

I would love a 1/4" low-profile long ratchet with a higher tooth count as it would be perfect in tight spots during repairs, but I would prefer to buy it from a local vendor as I would require a lifetime warranty on such a tool...

I typically dislike locking flex heads but I can see where they have their place. I usually can't resist a good tool deal but am holding firm and not ordering. Gee, I'm so proud of myself!

I typically dislike locking flex heads but I can see where they have their place. I usually can't resist a good tool deal but am holding firm and not ordering. Gee, I'm so proud of myself!
haha, I dislike flex heads and I don't own any, maybe one day I will convince myself to get one.

Just a FYI..
If you read through the reviews, there are a lot of complaints about the pin breaking off at the flex head.

I do like that quick release on this.
I have this and it's not a true quick-release like common ratchets they take a 1/4 socket holder that comes out with the socket, not for any torque above 5 or so lbs. A specialty tool for sure not an everyday all day tool

I have this and it's not a true quick-release like common ratchets they take a 1/4 socket holder that comes out with the socket, not for any torque above 5 or so lbs. A specialty tool for sure not an everyday all day tool
Yeah I had also noticed it's shown as 1/4" hex drive. I have these in stubby versions (ala Titan) for tight work like underdash, but definitely kind of a unique tool being a long handle here. Could have its uses, though

Back